Mountain Vehicles Maintenance Manager
$70k - $70k / year
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
The Mountain Vehicle Maintenance Manager directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in repairing, and maintaining, all-mountain vehicles including but not limited to snow cats, snowmobiles, diesel, unleaded trucks, or any other vehicle used by the mountain operations department.
Mountain Vehicles Maintenance Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and schedules departmental activities to maintain Mountain Vehicles in operating condition Part-take in and manage/supervise the maintenance of mountain vehicles.
- Reviews comments and feedback about mountain vehicle issues from vehicle operators and assigns or directs corrective modifications.
- Reviews productivity records of the workforce and operating procedures to identify work areas requiring improvements, and revises procedures.
- Performs performance reviews, and implements recognition, corrective action, and problem resolution.
- Prepares division budget estimates, identifying operating cost, procurement of motor vehicles, replacement parts and materials, and cost of outside contractual services.
- Recommend equipment and vehicle purchases.
- Attend and participate in Mountain Manager meetings.
- Meet regularly with the Mountain Maintenance crew to provide guidance, direction, and support.
- Engineer, develop, and produce various projects as requested or required.
- Directly supervises 8-10 employees in the Mountain Vehicles.
- Carries supervisory responsibilities per the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Mountain Vehicles Maintenance Manager Qualifications:
- Two years certificate from college or technical school in maintenance or mechanical field.
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA standards, DEQ, HAZMAT, SPCC, Lockout Tag Out, and Fall protection,
- Ski Industry experience and at least 10 years of full-time work experience in both the fields of maintenance and mechanics.
- Ski Industry Management experience is also beneficial.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access Database software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word, Word Processing software.
- Current Driver’s License
- Group Medical/Life Coverage
- Flex-Spending Plan
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Sick Time
- Vacation Time
- Capital Accumulation (401k) with a 6% match
- Education Assistance
- Supplemental Insurance
Seasonal Benefits: Seasonal benefits change with each season. Please see HR for a list of the most up-to-date benefits.
***Complimentary Seasonal Lift Pass***
- Mountain Biking (summer employment only)
- Hiking (summer employment only)
- Skiing (winter employment only)
- Ice Rinks
- Bowling Alley
- Driving Range
- Putting Green
- Retail Shops
- Rental Equipment
- Trail Rides
- Gun Club
For a full list of openings please visit: