Silver Cliff Ranch is looking for motivated individuals who are looking to provide a high level of customer service to our guests of all ages while having opportunities to explore all the outdoor adventures nearby! The seasonal term starts on May 22, 2023, and ends on August 7, 2023. Housing and food are provided throughout the summer. By the end of the summer, you will gain hospitality and food service skills while working together as a team to accomplish a variety of tasks to ensure our guests have an incredible experience while at Silver Cliff Ranch. Groups will range from family camps to nonprofit organizations serving underserved youth. Most weeks support staff team members will have three days off to adventure or relax in beautiful Chaffee County, Colorado. Whitewater rafting, summit hiking trails, amazing fishing spots, horseback riding, and many other adventures are all within an hour of Silver Cliff Ranch. See yourself at Silver Cliff Ranch!
The Support Staff Team will ensure Silver Cliff Ranch is a safe, clean, and welcoming environment for our summer guests of all ages.
– Complete daily cleaning tasks as instructed.
– Assist with the serving of three meals per day.
– Always provide guests with a high level of customer service.
– Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and dining hall after every meal.
– Assist in maintaining facility grounds and reporting any maintenance hazards or issues.
– Work as a team to efficiently and thoroughly turn around the campus, cleaning up cabins/lodges and gathering spaces after groups leave.
– Completing end of day tasks as assigned.
– Assist with trash removal after every meal.
– Manage the gift shop, snack shop, or social media posting as assigned.
– Lifeguarding for groups if certified.
– Offer support to groups as needed.
– Execute other duties assigned by the Deputy Executive Director.
– Complete weeklong orientation and training to become confident in the role and build rapport and connections with co-workers.
– Assist with serving over 15,000 meals to guests of all ages from around the country.
– Set a high bar for customer service and hospitality.
– Assist with the successful completion of at least ten campus-wide turn around clean up days.
– Ensure each group arrives to a clean, hazard-free campus.
Credentials, Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to work on a team, relate and work well with others.
– Must be a self-starter and organizer.
– Ability to accept guidance, direction, and supervision.
– Proficiency in the safe and proper use of cleaning equipment and tools.
– Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds including unloading food, supplies, and equipment as needed.
– Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards of the site and facilities and guest behavior.
– Ability to provide First Aid and to assist guests in an emergency once certified.
– Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
– Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
– Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background checks.
– Demonstrate the ability to:
Respond sensitively and competently to the service population’s cultural and socio-economic characteristics.
Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English and perform simple arithmetic calculations.
Provide excellent customer service using organizational and planning skills.
Maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene.
Work in a fast-paced environment and always maintain emotional control and professional composure.
Maintain computer literacy required meet the responsibilities of the position
– Work effectively both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
– Willingness to learn and demonstrate a working knowledge of Silver Cliff Ranch policies and procedures.
– Maintain Silver Cliff Ranch professional and ethical standards including demonstrating respect for staff, children, and community members and always complying with required dress code.
Lodging and meals provided; 3 days off most weeks
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.