Spa Operations Manager
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
The Spa Operations Manager position requires a passion for the industry, keen customer service skills, and employee relations knowledge while managing a busy environment. This position will effectively work with the Leadership team to develop and continually improve the Spa, Salon, Fitness & Pool environment.
The Spa Operations Manager’s main goal is to ensure that the spa, retail, fitness, and pool run smoothly for our guests while looking for ways to exceed expectations and revenue. They act as the primary point of contact for all guests and staff in the absence of the Director. Providing excellent customer service and enhancing public relations by promoting products and services is paramount. This position is one of visibility and role modeling and is vital to the entire operation’s success.
The skill set requirements include communication, organization skills, impeccable attention to detail while multi-tasking, and understanding & providing outstanding customer service. Our team & business mission is to create an experience for every guest that visits Sun Valley Resort while maintaining the integrity of the business.
Spa Operations Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional appearance and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Solid conflict resolution skills while utilizing exceptional people skills.
- Regularly attend, participate in, and support training and staff meetings for the department & resort.
- Trains and follows the company’s safety and emergency procedures.
- Creates a learning environment by supervising all ongoing education and training.
- Manages and understands the reservation system effectively and operates the POS system with consistency and efficiency.
- Extensive knowledge of spa therapies, products, treatments, industry trends, and services.
- Develops and schedules indoor & outdoor Spa, Fitness, and Pool related activities.
- Assist with the onboarding program, including interviewing, hiring, new hire orientation, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages schedules and assists supervisors/leads in supervising attendants and receptionists.
- Supervises three subordinate supervisors who assist in managing service providers, receptionists, and attendants.
- Assists in creating the annual budget for the spa, fitness & pools
- Conduct inventories and maintain adequate supplies for operations on a regular schedule, including professional, retail, and linen stocks.
- Create purchase orders (within budget parameters) for all spa, fitness, and operational pool supplies, including placing orders, receiving shipments, and accurately recording them into the inventory software system.
- Overseeing the retail boutique, including but not limited to sales growth and merchandising.
- Oversee daily time edits and submit an accurate payroll
- Works with the team to promote the spa to local and hotel guests.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction
- Maintaining current credentials and licenses as city, county, and state regulatory agencies require.
- Ensures the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation for each department in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Work in cooperation with housekeeping and maintenance to maintain a high standard of service experience to ensure the facilities are well maintained, and equipment is working properly.
- Serve as a liaison with other departments to ensure a seamless business operation.
- Develop the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Maintain clear communication with the leadership team.
- Prioritize responsibilities, manage time efficiently, and maintain productivity with urgent project deadlines.
- Undertakes other responsibilities as directed by Director and acts as the “Manager on Duty” during the Director’s absence, including providing staff support and guest recovery when needed.
- Assist in all areas of spa, fitness, and pool operation as requested by management.
- Communicate regularly with the Spa Director and leadership team on all operational aspects.
Spa Operations Manager Qualifications:
- Flexible schedule, including working nights, weekends & holidays.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Ability to be efficient, productive in a fast-paced environment, detailed-oriented, and can multitask.
- Must be professional, friendly & reliable.
- Must be a team player and enjoy working with people.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to lead and inspire a diverse team.
- Ability to develop a successful team and provide efficient and effective training & coaching daily.
- Must have the enthusiasm and exceptional communication, guest service, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with colleagues, management, and guests.
- Ability to interpret financial statements and make operations adjustments to achieve financial goals.
- Knowledgeable of department services and products.
- Experience creating purchase orders, reviewing time punches for staff, and managing and submitting payroll.
- Supervise the retail boutique, replenishing inventory, inventory control, and maintaining/updating displays.
- Ability to plan and assist with group reservations, event planning, and health, wellness & lifestyle retreats.
- Manage team schedules and call-outs, find coverage and assist with special requests.
- The expectation is one of a working supervisor that includes scheduled time “working” at the desk per the discretion of the Leadership team.
- Leadership experience is required.
Spa Operations Manager Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to reach the top drawer of a four-drawer cabinet.
- Stand for long periods as a daily routine.
- Communicate effectively with the general public and share information accurately.
- Ascend/descend stairs as a daily routine.
- Must be able to comprehend reading materials.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
*NOTE* All duties and requirements stated are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. The staff member may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor
- Group Medical/Life Coverage
- Flex-Spending Plan
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Sick Time
- Vacation Time
- Capital Accumulation (401k) with a 6% match
- Education Assistance
- Supplemental Insurance
Seasonal Benefits: Seasonal benefits change with each season. Please see HR for a list of the most up-to-date benefits.
***Complimentary Seasonal Lift Pass***
- Mountain Biking (summer employment only)
- Hiking (summer employment only)
- Skiing (winter employment only)
- Ice Rinks
- Bowling Alley
- Driving Range
- Putting Green
- Retail Shops
- Rental Equipment
- Trail Rides
- Gun Club