Front Desk Agent
Summer Jobs on Isle Royale - one of America's most unique National Parks!
Visitors accommodations are accessible only by boat or seaplane. Rock Harbor Lodge has guest rooms with private baths, housekeeping cottages, and services include a dining room, snack bar, gift shop, dockside store, marina, rental motorboats, kayaks and canoes, guided fishing and sightseeing tours.
Pristine, remote Isle Royale National Park - located in the northwest of Lake Superior and part of the U.S. state of Michigan.
$12 - $14 / hour
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Experience the northwoods at remote Isle Royale National Park, located in northwestern Lake Superior. Accessible only by boat or seaplane, Isle Royale is home to moose, wolves, loons, beaver, fox, and other small mammals and birdlife. Lake Superior and the island’s inland lakes offer excellent fishing and photographic sites for viewing pristine forest and waterways. Diving opportunities abound to many shipwrecks of Lake Superior.
Rock Harbor Lodge provides visitors accommodations and we employ team members in our dining room, snack bar, gift shop, dockside store, marina, motor boat, kayak and canoe rentals, guided fishing and sightseeing tours, and other fun and fulfilling positions. Join us for a summer in this unique National Park!
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for coordinating reservations, greeting and registering guests upon arrival, assisting with guest requests, processing payments, and providing excellent service to all guests and visitors.
- Greets guests upon arrival, performs check-ins, provides guest with any information needed while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Books and processes lodging and activity reservations accurately.
- Provides information to guests regarding property policies, property activities, and the surrounding area; Assists with planning activities, answers questions and provides accurate, helpful information.
- Responds to and resolves guest inquires, complaints, and concerns.
- Responds to emergency calls and reports incidents as necessary.
- Answers and directs all incoming calls, schedules and performs wake up calls.
- Accurately posts room charges and checks out departing guests.
- Prepares daily reports.
- Accurately processes guest payments for lodging, services, rentals, licenses, miscellaneous items, etc.
- Ensures guest security by properly handling guest information and keys.
- Ensures the Front Desk and surrounding area stays clean and organized.
- Properly handles lost and found items.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to communicate via telephone, email, radio, etc.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Excellent Accounting skills; Ability to accurately complete cash and credit card transactions.
- Ability to handle guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Ability to Multi-Task; Work quickly and thoroughly when under pressure.
- Knowledge of surrounding facilities, activities, and features.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to twist, turn, push, pull, finger, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Stoop, squat, kneel, and crouch occasionally.
- Ability to operate a telephone and a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous customer service, hospitality, or related work experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with hospitality management systems a plus.
Isle Royale Resorts, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.