Whitewater Raft Guide!
$40 - $180 / day
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Duties, responsibilities, and qualifications are taught and can be acquired through Glacier Raft Companies 6-Day River School and training program in the spring.
- Safely navigate Oar / paddle rafts down Class I – III rivers
- Work positively with other team members to implement all aspects of a GRC trip in order to provide guests with a safe, meaningful and memorable experience
- Excellent risk management capability in remote/backcountry settings
- Give effective and demonstrative safety talks
- Engage and respond to guests in a positive, friendly and supportive manner, including meeting their expressed and unexpressed needs
- Provide meaningful interpretation to our guests on natural and cultural history topics pertinent to each trip, such as geology, Wild and Scenic Rivers, Flora and Fauna, Ecology
- Prepare delicious, appealing riverside meals
- Upkeep of GRC equipment and facilities
- Professionally represent GRC’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in GRC’s Guide Handbook
- Know and comply with National Forest Service Regulations
- Know GRC’s Emergency Action Plan in the event of unforeseen circumstances
- Legally allowed to work in the United States
- Successful completion of GRC’s 6-Day guide school or approved equivalent required prior to first commercial trip.
- Swiftwater Rescue Certification (can be obtained through GRC’s 6-Day Guide School)
- CPR and First Aid Certification or Advanced First Aid Certification WFR, WEMT, EMT, Or OEC preferred along with current CPR. GRC hosts 2 different dates for CPR/FA Training during the spring that can be completed prior or during spring training
- A positive, supportive team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills, Customer Service and People Skills
- Physically fit, able to work long hours in the field and lift and carry heavy objects over awkward terrain
- Willing and eager to interact positively with a range of age groups, from small children to seniors
- Experience in guest services or group leadership preferred
- Understanding of natural history in and around Glacier National Park
- Fluent English
- Willingness to work all aspects of the Job both on and off river