This job has been Expired
Outer Island Excursions
Kayak Naturalists independently lead tours off the north shore of Orcas Island and around Sucia Island, focusing on the coastal ecosystem and intertidal zone. We rent kayaks directly on site as well as offer the option to deliver them anywhere on Orcas Island.
Familiarity with kayak rescue techniques, safety procedures, public speaking, strong communication skills, and guiding experience are strongly preferred.
- Providing safe, educational tours to customers
- Educating the public about the marine mammals, birds, intertidal life, geology, ecology, and the natural and cultural history of the San Juan Islands.
- Daily cleaning and occasional maintenance of kayaking equipment
- Providing safety orientations prior to each tour and rental
- Delivering kayaks across the island
- Running check-in including collecting payment and processing online transactions
- When guiding tours effective communication between guides and office staff is critical