Outdoor adventure is in abundance here. Explore glaciers, ice caves, hiking trails, wildlife, river rafting, ice climbing & more. The small local community is also a hoot! Wrangell St. Elias is the largest National Park in North America @ over 13 million acres. We are surrounded by gigantic mountains & glaciers. Alaska does not disappoint. Visit our website for more info!!!
Summer Seasonal Work- June – September
Location & Activities
· The Meatza Wagon is a Gourmet Food Truck located in the historic town of Kennicott, AK, which is located within Wrangell St. Elias National Park. (Largest National Park in N. America)
· Kennicott is a very remote town, 60 miles from pavement, local summer residents range from 200-250 people, & thousands of annual tourists.
· The remote nature of this location provides for a challenge in running a food truck as well as otherwise “normal” daily routine. You will need to be flexible and understanding when it comes to certain tasks & daily routine. Stay open minded and acceptant to these procedures.
· The Surrounding area provides an abundance of outdoor adventuring, activities, wildlife & a local community.
· Hiking, Pack Rafting, Back Packing, Ice Climbing, Glacier Hikes, Flight Sees, Fishing, Biking & Community Softball every Friday Night!
· There are 5 other restaurants in the area to go along with, 2 hotels, hostel, camp grounds, guide services & flight services, a small grocery store and 2 bars
· Live music venues also pass through the valley
Food & Chef
· Even though The Meatza Wagon is a Food Truck, The food is “gourmet casual”. PRIDE & attention to detail must be taken in all preparations.
· All food preparations are made from scratch on a daily basis to ensure that the guest receives the BEST possible quality of food. Nothing pre-packaged. An accent to an already amazing vacation. “Real Food!”
· Most of all the herbs and vegetables used in food prep, are locally grown. The Meatza Wagon also has a small garden of its own that you will assist in tending.
· Chef/Owner Joe Macchina is a classically trained chef who grew up with a culinary background and takes great pride & satisfaction in his work. CIA graduate, Culinary Professor at UAF (University of Fairbanks Alaska) & 15+ years of running commercial kitchens.
· The work setting is casual, very fun, relaxed and rewarding. However busy and full of daily tasks.
· You will be provided with- Housing (very basic “dry cabin”) away from town, bicycle for transportation, 2 meals per working shift, locals shuttle pass
· “dry cabin” includes- 2 burner propane cook top, propane light, futon, outhouse, access to a well for water (drinking, utility)
· Provided will also be access to a laundry and shower
The Kennicott/McCarthy Area is an extremely fun and adventurous place. It is very wild & remote so it is not for everyone. People come here from all walks of life & from every corner of the world. This makes for a diverse landscape of people, opportunities & scene. It is advantageous if one is open to learning and can “go with the flow”. This area ends up being one of the greatest places some people have ever come to and they come back year after year after year. Some never leave & some never return. If this sounds like your cup of tea…?…You can contact me directly with a resume & any questions.
The Meatza Wagon
Send Resume with references to:
Housing & utilities provided.
Must be legal to work in the united States.
Personal transportation is highly recommended.
Food Safe Certified.
Alaska Food Workers Card.
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.