Panamint Springs Resort
We are looking for a line cook who works well with others and is willing to take direction from the back of the house supervisor, restaurant manager, and general manager. Our line cooks are required to work directly with the serving staff, maintain cleanliness in the back of the house, and ensure sanitary practices when cooking and cleaning. This position also entails offering aid to co-workers in the back of the house, prepping food items for the next day, as well as doing dishes. Our restaurant experiences high-volumes of guests at one time and can be very fast-paced.
Under supervision of the restaurant manager and kitchen supervisor, line cook duties include but are not limited to doing prep during the business day, keeping stock organized and clean, pulling stock from the freezer to the refrigerator for daily use, cooking guests meal tickets as they come in from the servers, prepping for tour bus lunches, and cleaning the kitchen line and prep area daily.
**This position starts at $14.00/hour, plus room and board.**
- Cooking regular menu items
- Aiding restaurant manager and kitchen supervisor
- Creating daily specials if needed
- Daily prep and line upkeep
- Pulling stock and stocking line
- Tour bus lunch prep
- Inventory control
- Maintaining kitchen cleanliness and following the California ServSafe Standards
- Washing dishes and keeping all dishes organized
- Keeping up with any back of house cleaning projects throughout the kitchen
- Must help support co-workers during high volume business periods
- Closing duties which include: general cleaning of the line, sweeping, mopping, and doing any dishes, (we do have a dishwasher who helps with closing duties from time to time).
- Fulfill additional tasks as needed and defined by the kitchen supervisor, restaurant manager, or general manager
- Cooking and restaurant experience is required.
- General knife skills
- General knowledge of flavor building
- Able to handle high volume orders calmly and in an organized fashion.
- Must be able to handle the line alone. There will be times when cooks will work alone.
- Applicants must be able to work in a teamwork environment that is often fast-paced and requires flexibility in thought and action.
To be considered for this position applicants must be able to read and write and have a high school diploma or GED certificate. Upon being hired, applicants must earn their ServSafe certification or Food Handler’s card for the state of California. Applicants must be able to work well with others and work as a team. Friendly disposition and a willingness to help and go above and beyond to complete the guest experience at Panamint Springs. There is potential to work past the season and the potential for promotion.
Our Guest Mission Statement:
“To maximize out guest’s experience through promoting their connection to our location and surrounding areas. We will provide a comfortable base camp where guests can retreat to the comforts of civilization after a day of exploration. We will promote this connection to the natural surrounding through informative interaction with our guests, showcasing the area’s natural and historic features, and providing comfortable accommodations amenities and spectating points.”
Our Company Mission Statement:
“To ensure that every visitor to the resort has a positive and memorable experience by providing outstanding service and treating all visitors as guests of the Cassell Family.”