The Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor (D&L) is both a nonprofit organization preserving the historic pathway that carried coal and iron from Wilkes-Barre to Bristol to fuel America’s Industrial Revolution, and a multi-use trail spanning 165 miles from the mountains of northeast Pennsylvania through Bucks County. Today, the D&L Trail connects us to our industrial heritage as well as health and wellness, nature and the environment, and more than $250 million in economic impact. The Corridor traverses through three distinct areas: the Wyoming Valley and Carbon County, home to many of Pennsylvania’s former anthracite mines; the Lehigh Valley, where the discovery of coal to the north spawned prosperous iron and steel industries and the Delaware Valley, through which coal-laden canal boats traveled to Philadelphia and other markets. Today visitors can explore by car, boat, bike or on foot to enjoy the scenic beauty and cultural heritage of eastern Pennsylvania. The Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor was designated a National Heritage Area in 1988, when it became one of 55 National Heritage Areas to tell the “vibrant story of the nation’s evolution and culture.” National Heritage Areas or NHAs are designated by Congress as places where natural, cultural, and historic resources combine to form a cohesive, nationally important landscape. Through their resources, NHAs tell stories that celebrate our nation’s diverse heritage.
• Direct the development of the D&L Trail from Wilkes-Barre to Bristol, currently more than 10 trail projects.
• Provide project management to include planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria related to building and maintaining trail.
• Direct the preparation of resource conservation plans as required for the protection of historic and environmental resources along the D&L Trail.
• Manage and direct the financial components of the project. This includes seeking funding (including grant writing) to complete additional phases; the monitoring of all contract expenditures; the approval of all construction change orders; and assisting in the completion of financial reports, progress reports to funders and grant closeout documentation.
• Review, analyze, and resolve various funding, environmental and design issues with consultants, contractors, trail managers, regulating and funding agencies. Controversial matters may involve resource protection, political considerations, competing uses for the resource, and/or future operation and uses of the D&L Trail.
• Ensure ADA-accessibility in all trail development and actively look for opportunities to create an inclusive and welcoming trail atmosphere for all audiences.• Provide technical support for D&L Trail landowners, partners, volunteers and fellow staff.
• Monitor construction activity for compliance to specifications and permits.
• Prepare reports, correspondence, and other types of written material on a variety of issues related to Trails. Such reports may be prepared for the D&L, funding agencies, partners, public and elected officials.
• Assist with annual meeting of D&L Ownership Council and conduct a portion of annual trail site visits with landowners to identify maintenance needs and offer technical support and volunteer assistance when necessary.
• Ability to make presentations, write public articles, and promote the D&L Trail to a wide audience.
• Lead D&L Trail Project Management monthly meetings, update project management software and share notes.
Qualification: Bachelor Degree
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2020 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.