SBP AmeriCorps Client Services Coordinator
SBP, a social impact organization focused on disaster resilience and recovery, solves the challenges facing at-risk communities and scales impact with a proven model that brings the rigor of business and innovation to reduce risk, create resilient communities, and streamline recovery. By taking this holistic approach, SBP shrinks the time between disaster and recovery. SBP does this in three connected ways—prepare, shape, and build.
- SBP prepares individuals, communities, and organizations to mitigate risk and speed recovery.
- SBP shapes federal policy and system change and state and local disaster recovery programs to be more efficient and effective.
- SBP builds resilient communities efficiently and effectively and shares our proven model and approach with others.
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
A Client Service Coordinator is part of SBP’s Build Intervention and supports SBP’s clients from application through the construction process to move-in. The CSC helps to identify and remove barriers to clients’ recovery. Client Services Coordinators will support both SBP’s Owner Occupied Rebuilding program and our Opportunity Housing program.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Identify and support prospective clients, working with them to complete an application for assistance either in person, via phone, or video platforms such as FaceTime or Zoom.
- As assigned, assist clients with their application or appeal to FEMA either in person, via phone, or video platforms such as FaceTime or Zoom.
- Prepare and present prospective client cases to site leadership for funding and construction.
- Assist clients in navigating and applying for external funding to support specific recovery needs.
- Manage a caseload of 30-40 clients, acting as a reliable point of contact through their initial application for assistance through the rebuilding process.
- Refer clients who are in need of housing, food, or other supports to appropriate service providers.
- Meet weekly with the Client Services Manager to discuss goals, client cases, professional development, and any other issues and be open to feedback and coaching.
- Input client data and upload documents into Salesforce and update case notes daily.
- Monthly Living stipend of $1,600
- An additional $175 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA
- An education award of $6,345 upon successful completion of each 10 month term
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guaranteed student loans during their service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Free limited benefits health coverage
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further their career
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
- Satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check eligibility criteria pursuant to 45 CFR 2540.202.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including active listening.
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in challenging situations, including client crises.
- Ability to clearly communicate needs and expectations to people of various backgrounds.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.