Payroll Specialist – Girl Scouts of Colorado – Denver Metro Region
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
GSCO celebrates diversity and values the strengths that come with having a diverse community. People from historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Girl Scouts of Colorado offers amazing opportunities for talented, forward-thinking, innovative individuals who share our vision of helping girls and young women change the world for the better.
Girl Scouts has been equipping girls to achieve their full potential more than 100 years-and today, Girl Scouts stands as the preeminent leadership development organization for girls, with 2.5 million members across the nation and around the globe.
At Girl Scouts of Colorado, we serve more than 20,000 members and we believe all girls should have the opportunity to reach their full potential and all girls have the power to change the world.
Here’s your opportunity to enhance your career while making a difference in girls’ lives and in the world!
You will be joining a supportive and flexible work environment with team members who work together to champion girl ambition. We are on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The right candidate won’t just be promoting a program. Their work will impact and change future generations!
**Only applicants who live in, or who plan to relocate to Colorado will be considered for this role.
Payroll Specialist: The Payroll Specialist ensures pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, evaluate, and execute payroll process included but not limited to:
- Manage staff timekeepers and ensure that all input is complete and accurate.
- Review and complete accurate and timely payrolls as scheduled or required.
- Maintain payroll and related records recording the accumulation and use of vacations, holidays, sick days, FMLA and miscellaneous leaves of absence.
- Communicate and train employees and supervisors in accurately recording, and reviewing leaves in accordance with GSCO policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with the Human Resource Department, research questions and treatment of complex time and payroll questions and recording to assure compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory requirements including but not limited to treatment of garnishments, FICA payments, tax withholdings, benefit taxability, overtime payments and seasonal reporting.
- In conjunction with the Human Resource Department, prepare confidential termination compensation payments. Advise supervisors and HR on accumulated leave. Perform periodic internal audits of various payroll areas.
- In conjunction with the Human Resource Department, manage complex seasonal payroll process including reporting requirements.
- Responsible for assuring that all required state, local and federal filings and reporting are complete and accurate.
- Manage all payroll withholding accounts and respond to employee questions concerning withholdings.
- Review all documents such as W-4s, benefit enrollment forms, and before tax plan participation documents submitted by employees for accuracy and completeness.
- Process all merit, market, and individual pay increases in ADP.
Oversee utilization of computerized payroll systems (ADP Workforce Now) including but not limited to:
- Maintain computer-based compensation system records by employee and as an organization.
- Maintain and train users on computerized timekeeping system as it pertains to usage on employee and supervisor levels.
With Controller and Human Resources, analyze and make recommendations on payroll and HRIS system enhancements, modifications, changes, and implementations.
- Incorporate payroll information into company accounting structure including but not limited to:
- Responsible for integrity of all compensation components of the council’s accounting system.
- Integrate payroll data into accounting system on a timely basis.
- With Controller, create new accounts and revisions in account structure necessary for accurate compensation reporting.
- Prepare materials for auditors.
- Responsible for ongoing compliance including but not limited to:
- Ensure W-2s are prepared, reconciled and available to employees as required by federal regulations.
- Prepare appropriate compliance related payroll reports.
- Keep relevant employee time records and documentation as required by federal regulations.
- Maintain payroll records in accordance with regulatory, Human Resource and financial best practices and retention policies.
- Manage employee benefit plans with the Controller and Human Resource department including, but not limited to:
- Ensure accurate and timely payments of benefit invoicing.
- Maintain ADP carriers feeds for benefits.
- Reconcile benefit general ledger accounts and benefit invoices.
- Administer voluntary deductions, 403b plan contributions and disbursements. Prepare or assist in the preparation of other accounting functions and reports.
- Provide exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Work successfully in a team environment.
- Respect the confidential nature of all information pertaining to staff, volunteers, and girls.
PRIMARY CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with statewide leadership team to develop unified direction and guidance in the formulation, integration, and implementation of long- and short-term goals, objectives, and action plans. Participate in departmental and state level staff meetings.
- With the Controller, work on the annual budget development process; provide ongoing functional support in areas of budget and budget oversight as it pertains to the assigned responsibilities throughout the year.
- Support the efforts and commitments of Girl Scouts of Colorado in pluralism and diversity throughout the organization and within each community served.
- Embrace diversity and inclusiveness by contributing to positive relationships between diverse racial, ethnic, and social groups in the Council as a whole and between employees and volunteers.
Education and/or Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field is preferred, or a combination of work experience and/or education.
- CPP preferred.
- Three to five years of payroll experience required.
- Minimum two years of experience in managing computerized accounting records and payroll system; specifically, ADP Workforce Now payroll experience required.
- Minimum one year’s experience in preparing and filing compensation compliance reporting.
- Minimum of two years accounting experience preferred.
- Experience working with diverse populations of staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deal with conflicting work demands and good time management skills.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with payroll software.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines for payroll processing and tax payments.
- Must have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check acceptable to GSCO standards.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
- Computer and related software, telephone, e-mail, fax machines, copiers and equipment commonly found in an office environment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Variable working schedule including evenings, weekends and some overtime.
- This position pays a range of $50,000-$65,000 per year.
- Health Insurance (93% Employer Paid for Employee Coverage)
- Dental Insurance (76% Employer Paid for Employee Coverage)
- Vision Insurance – Optional
- Short Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Long Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Life Insurance – Fully paid by GSCO, 2x annual salary up to $300,000
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment – Fully paid by GSCO, 2x annual salary up to $300,000
- Optional Supplemental Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Children)- Employee paid – for additional employee coverage and dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical/Dependent Care)
- Employee Assistance Program – 100% Employer Paid
- 403(b) Retirement Plan – GSCO matches 100% of employee contribution up to 2% of pay
- Vacation – Employees accrue 10 vacation days per year
- Sick Leave – Employees earn one day per month
- Holidays – 10 scheduled holidays per year
- Office Closures – 4 Weeks of Paid Office Closures (Week of Independence Day; Thanksgiving Week; Winter Holiday of two weeks)
- Most positions have the ability to work a remote/office hybrid schedule.
Girl Scouts of Colorado celebrates diversity and values the strengths that come with having a diverse community. People from historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Girl Scouts of Colorado (GSCO) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: GSCO is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GSCO are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate. GSCO will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.