Food & Beverage Supervisor
While here, you'll become closer to the wilderness, closer to different people and closer to yourself. When you leave you take the spirit of the Memorial with you; not just photographs, souvenirs, and addresses, but something of far greater value - a special awareness about yourself, the United States, and your future.
Xanterra is the concessionaire in charge of operating the public, non-government guest services at the Memorial. The hospitality services we provide include: a cafeteria, ice cream and fudge shops and a world-class gift shop. As Mount Rushmore receives millions of visitors each summer, you can imagine the need for many employees; each working with one goal in mind; to make sure every visitor enjoys their stay. Not all the jobs are glamorous and, make no mistake about it, they all require work. But, a summer living and working in the Black Hills can provide memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. We encourage you to continue reading, and discover how you can become a part of Mount Rushmore history!
As an employee of Xanterra, you will be able to enjoy your days off to spend as you choose in the magnificent Black Hills. Your "Mount Rushmore experience" will provide you with an unparalleled opportunity to meet a wide cross-section of visitors and fellow employees from all over the world. For some, a summer at Mount Rushmore is a step on the road to other careers and different places; for others, it is the first step in a career in the hospitality industry.
$13 - $14 / hour
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Join our Food and Beverage team at Mount Rushmore National Memorial! Are you enthusiastic about crafting unforgettable dining experiences? Located in the beautiful Black Hills region of South Dakota, the destination draws more than 3 million tourists per year. Mount Rushmore Memorial operates a variety dining outlets serving convenient grab-and-go meals, coffee and desserts. We offer opportunities to share your passion for hospitality by greeting and serving guests front of house or by working back of house, where you will be assisting in the kitchen by cleaning dishes or prepping our guest’s top notch meals.
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Mount Rushmore National Memorial, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Responsible for continued supervision, development and training of 2-20 employees in a designated area of the operation.
- Lead, train, and inspect the performance of assigned staff, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the properties standards. Follow and enforce all policy, procedures and service standards.
- Assist in schedules or supervises scheduling of staff.
- Confer with food preparation and other personnel to plan menus and related activities such as dining room, bar, and banquet operations.
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
- Analyzes information concerning facility operation such as daily food sales, patron attendance, que times and labor costs to maintain cost control of facility operations.
- Inspects and tastes prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Ensure work area is orderly and properly stocked.
- Ability to work from prep and par lists and follow standardized recipes. Commit food specifications to memory.
- Complete assigned duties within each shift.
- Develop and maintain positive communication and teamwork with all co-workers, crew and supervisors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Ability to organize and prioritize under pressure while maintaining a calm and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guest, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information quickly: Service procedures, specs, prep and set-up requirements.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation and kitchen equipment skills.
- Maintain paperwork requirements.
- Comprehending and extending recipes if applicable.
- Ability to adapt to change, new situations, changes in staffing and procedures.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.; and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of and compliance to all area cycles, presentations, specifications and guidelines.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner with the awareness that all actions and communications are within staffs view. Ensure a congenial atmosphere for all.
- Working knowledge of basic cooking/Food and Beverage practices.