This job has been Expired
Ice Castles, LLC
At Ice Castles we have fun at our jobs and create lifelong memories for our guests. We depend on our positive, guest-oriented event staff to ensure that every interaction with our guests makes a positive impact and are looking to grow our team. We need outgoing, friendly, motivated individuals who can thrive in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment and who will create magical moments guests will remember for a lifetime.
The Event Manager is responsible for the overall management of the Ice Castles’ event staff including hiring, performance evaluation, scheduling and assigning duties as well as located in (the “Site”). They will maintain the overall culture and brand of Ice Castles and to ensure the staff represents and embraces Ice Castles ideals.
They will oversee the operational and company standards for Ice Castles. The overall objective is to create a magical and memorable experience for our guest. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Manage operations of Ice Castles including all pre-season event set up, day to day event operations during season (box office operations, line and crowd management, parking, merchandise, and opening/closing procedures).
- Drives the recruitment and hiring and works with upper management to complete staff onboarding paperwork.
- Manage an employee base of 30-40 part time staff including creating schedules, day to day management and payroll.
- Execute Event Staff training and development program including employee orientation, On the Job Training and ongoing training during the season.
- Maintaining the overall culture to ensure the staff also represents and embraces Ice Castles’ culture and goals.
- Serves as Leader on Duty to coach and motivate Event Staff while upholding a culture that builds exceptional internal and external Guest Experiences.
- Oversee communication plan with Event Staff including weekly update email communication, staff boards onsite, pre and shift staff meetings.
- Strengthens others through consistent coaching and feedback raising morale of the team and positive guest experience reviews.
- Holds self and others accountable to high performance standards while providing Guests with memorable experiences.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures and Employee Policy Manual.
- Work cooperatively with Ice Castles builders who manage the physical structure of the Ice Castles.
Oversee the effective application of safety regulations and risk assessment to ensure a safe environment for Ice Castles employees and the public.
- Manages time, projects, processes and resources to produce desired outcomes.
The Event Manager is expected to set a high example of professional behavior, including arriving to work on time, being patient with guests, emphasizing a “safety first” work environment, and displaying a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, even under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead a team that drives results
- Proven ability to create a positive work environment
- Ability to listen to feedback and take constructive action
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
HOURS: Part time hours (20-30 hrs/week) beginning early November, Full time hours from December through end of the season. Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Job Requirements: Required to work outside with various weather conditions. May be requested to stand or sit for long periods. Must be able to respond to emergency situations. Employees must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
PAY: $18-20/hour, Opportunity for bonus at End of Season.
Ice Castles is an awe-inspiring, must-see winter phenomenon that brings fairytales to life. The frozen attraction is located in six cities across North America. Ice Castles is built entirely by hand using hundreds of thousands of icicles hand-placed by professional ice artists. The castles include breathtaking LED-lit sculptures, frozen thrones, ice-carved tunnels, slides, and fountains.