Sanborn Western Camps
Work for the “best outdoor camp in the country” by Outside Magazine.
With 6,000 acres of on-property land to explore and more off property trip permits than any other camp in the Colorado Rockies, Working at Sanborn Western Camps is a challenging and rewarding opportunity. In one summer you will have the opportunity to influence the lives of children, explore the Colorado backcountry, work with other staff from all around the country and develop your leadership and technical skills. The days are full, the energy is high, and the fun is contagious.
Qualifications: Open to men and women 21 years and older. This position is residential and encompasses a variety of roles: wrangler, educator, peer supervisor, trip leader, and logistics coordinator.
A HIGHLY QUALIFIED WRANGLER CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work long hours.
- Have experience with and be comfortable leading western-style horseback rides to all ages.
- Teach basic horsemanship skills on the ground and while mounted.
- Complete daily chores around the barn.
- Work with and manage riding counselors.
- Lead safe, fun and enriching trips and activities.
Benefits: Salary ranging from $2800 – $3200
Room and Board: lodging, meals and laundry valued at $2,025 for the summer season
Bonus: Pro Deals and also Stipends offered for current, nationally-recognized related certifications
Dates: May 13th – Aug 13
Other Jobs From Sanborn Western Camps
- FEATURED Adventure Camp Counselor (Expedition Leader) in Colorado March 1, 2019 Seasonal