This job has been Expired
Herring Gut Learning Center
Marine Science Summer Camp Director
Description: The Camp Director position facilitates the development and implementation of the HGLC Marine Science Summer Camp. The Camp Director is responsible for ensuring that a high-quality camp program is provided by establishing and overseeing implementation of engaging marine science themed camp activities. This position is responsible for the oversight/management of the camp staff and others contributing to camp, contact with families, and all paperwork/necessary documents on file for all campers. The person employed in this position must be able to work with minimal supervision. As time allows, this position shall also support other operational programs occurring at the HGLC during the summer. Primary work hours will be Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, though there is a potential for afterhours and weekend work, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with HGLC Educator Supervisor
- Work closely, cooperatively and amicably with all staff members
- Work collaboratively with camp interns/counselors on camp, instructional activities, field experience and other camp activities
- Observe the peer culture to identify problems, make recommendations and implements solutions as necessary
- Oversee the daily schedule and makes changes when necessary
- Report all difficulties related to health, behavior and other problems to the HGLC Educator Supervisor or Executive Director
- Assist other HGLC educators in provision of programs as time allows
- Provide assessment of overall program including recommendations for modification for optimum functioning in the following years
- BS degree in a field of science or comparable experience
- First Aid and CPR Certification required (Wilderness First Aid or higher certification desired)
- Valid driver’s license (experience driving 15 passenger vans desired)
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Good leadership abilities, management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with children
- Patient, enthusiastic, and dependable
- Creative, flexible, positive attitude, and sense of humor
- Lifeguard certification desired
Period of Employment: Seasonal full-time position from June 15 to August 15, 2020.
Stipend: $4,250 to be paid bi-weekly with onsite housing provided free of charge.
Please send a cover letter, resume/cv, and three references to Georgie Burruss, Camp Supervisor, at [email protected] by March 1st, 2020. We will be accepting applications and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.