This job has been Expired
This retail outlet is located in a remote and beautiful location of Glacier National Park. You must have your own RV (self-contained) and transportation for this position. RV spot is located 11 miles from worksite.
This job provides a fun and exciting fast-paced retail opportunity in a beautiful setting. The Two Medicine Campstore is a retail outlet with a small food service/ coffee operation. Associates at Two Medicine must be able to work in both parts of the operation on a daily basis. It’s a small team and everyone needs to work together. We provide superior levels of guest service each and every day of our operating season. We maintain a high level of standards throughout the entire operation. Your day will consist of operating our POS (Point of Sale System), stocking, merchandising, cleaning, food prep, cooking, making espresso, washing dishes and constant guest interaction. In order to work in our retail establishments in Glacier National Park you must be a fun outgoing person that loves to interact with people. You must also be someone who takes pride in their work and excels in a busy environment. Expect to work 40-46 hours a week and be flexible in regards to scheduling.
- Assist the guest and manage inventory by accurately recording purchases on our Raymark POS system.
- Performing cashiering duties properly per our cash handling policies.
- Provide excellent guest service by adhering to Xanterra’s Mission Statement, Hospitality Standards and Core Values.
- Successfully demonstrate good sales techniques by performing suggestive selling and add-on sales.
- Stock product as necessary, make sure all displays are kept stocked, neat and clean within the retail guidelines, giving each display a tasteful look for our guests.
- Stock and remerchandise coolers, displays, and food holding equipment using the “First In, First Out” system to keep product fresh.
- Bagging and stocking Ice Machines frequently.
- Ensuring you following all health and safety protocols on a daily basis.
- Tracking all times and temperatures on food related items making sure they are within the guidelines provided.
- Prepping, cooking, and serving food and coffee drinks daily.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of all food and coffee utensils daily.
- Stocking of bundled firewood multiple times per day.
- Organizing trash and recyclables and storing them in approved storage areas.
- Maintain a safe work area. Keep the sales floor clean, this includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and trash removal.
- Comply with Xanterra’s Environmental Management Systems (Ecologix) and look for ways to improve the impact your job has on the environment.
- Assist with receiving product and follow all check in guidelines.
- Discuss concerns with Managers only.
- Alert manager to shrinkage, guest problems and concerns. Maintain a good working relationship with Managers and co-workers.
- Give accurate helpful information to Glacier Park Visitors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Able to operate a cash register, handle cash accurately, open and close the store with or without assistance. Assist in maintaining proper sales records.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Campstore procedures by completing the Campstore Training Program.
- Able to function with flexibility and courteous behavior in a high traffic seasonal retail operation.
- Acquire and demonstrate a basic knowledge of product information when used as part of a professional sales approach.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision, maintain excellent attendance and punctuality. Take breaks in appropriate area for limited time and use the time clock correctly.
- Show an awareness of inventory control through efficient management of assigned merchandise section, with attention to pilferage protection.
- Must be able to pass the approved ServSafe (food handlers) course.
- Able to stand/walk for a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Frequently lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Carry boxes/product up and down stairs at most locations several times a day.
- Must be able to bend down or kneel to stock product frequently during a shift.