Mile High Youth Corps
The Generation Wild Crew Leader will lead a team of four-six Corpsmembers (18-24 years old) serving together as part of the Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) Generation Wild Initiative, which aims to connect youth and families to the outdoors. The Generation Wild Coalition works in the Northeast Metro Denver communities of Commerce City, Northwest Aurora, Northeast Park Hill, and Montbello. The Generation Wild Team will provide focused outreach, community engagement, direct service, and support for Generation Wild projects to cultivate environmental stewardship.
Submit an application at https://www.milehighyouthcorps.org/apply-now
- Wage: Earn an hourly wage of $14.63 /hour.
- Health Insurance: May be eligible for health insurance the 1st of the month after serving with MHYC for sixty days. Members share a portion of the cost.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervision and Management
- Coordinates Corpsmember schedules; provides daily supervision; assigns, trains and leads Corpsmembers in a wide variety of outreach and direct service activities
- Monitors, manages, and promote crew’s physical and emotional safety on and off project sites
- Provides consistent, ongoing informal feedback, as well as performs a minimum of one formal evaluation per Corpsmember each season
Work Project Implementation
- Identifies and coordinates support needs and scheduling amongst 14 Generation Wild coalition partner organizations
- Plans and implements community outreach and engagement, community action research, service learning and direct service projects for the team
- Proactively assesses, identifies and mitigates safety related hazards
Corpsmember Development and Education
- Promotes individual learning, leadership and personal growth
- Plans and facilitates field trips, community meetings and team-building activities
- Integrates leadership development and service learning components within projects
- Provides timely and accurate tracking and reporting on crew activities and outcomes
- Monitors, documents, and evaluates the participant progress in the program using individual written daily accountability, evaluations, case notes, and 1:1 meetings
- Coordinates Corpsmember timesheets and service logs and other documentation