Panamint Springs Resort
Panamint Springs is focused on providing a positive guest experience to all visitors who come through our family owned and operated desert oasis. Whether stopping through for gas, lunch at our restaurant and bar, or looking for a cozy place to sleep, the guest experience is our main priority.
We are looking for someone who is a team leader, outgoing, friendly, and goal driven to manage our Convenience Store/Gift Shop/Gas Station. Job duties include all store operations, employee training and growth, merchandising including developing relationships with local artists and craftsman, inventory management including all ordering, and Profit & Loss. Duties will also include greeting customers with a smile, answering the phone, checking guests in and out of lodging, make the best ever hand-made milkshake, as well as assisting the occasional stranded tourist. Candidates must be able to provide useful visitor information for guests passing through Death Valley National Park and surrounding area. The Store Manager position requires skills and personality to multi-task and keep a cool head to stay focused on the guest experience at all times, even when dealing with an unexpected rush of guests, or a crisis of sorts. Candidates must show a willingness to lean and go above and beyond to ensure a successful store.
Major Duties include:
- All Store Operations
- Managing Employee Schedules
- Employee Training and Growth
- Ordering and Inventory Control
- Facility Operations
- P&L Responsibility
- Business Development
- Employee Reviews
- Disciplinary Coaching
- Fuel and Food Services Regulatory
- Aid gas station and retail/gift shop customers.
- Create lodging reservations for potential guests in the motel and campground.
- Check guests into their accommodations.
- Answer e-mails and phone calls pertaining to visitor information, reservations, and cancellations.
- Keep track of and restock inventory items for sale.
- Offer tourist information for visitors traveling from around the world.
- Take on light janitorial responsibilities within the general store – maintaining cleanliness at the front desk/gift shop and gift shop restroom facilities.
- Will be required to take on some food service responsibilities, including making milkshakes and serving fresh pizza and hot dogs to guests.
- Fulfill additional tasks as needed and defined by the lodging manager as well as the CEO.
Store Manager salary between $45K to $60K per year commensurate with skills and experience.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience managing a convenience store
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working at a convenience store
- Must have inventory management experience
- Must have experience and knowledge with Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word
- Having extensive knowledge in business trends and in using merchandising software to maximize profits
- Possess strong customer service skills to ensure that customers have an enjoyable experience at Panamint Springs Resort
- Must possess time management skills to effectively prioritize items to be completed
- Must be an effective communicator to maintain relations with subordinates and with the upper management team.
This role requires individuals to be able to read, write and follow written instructions. To be considered for this position, ideal applicants will possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably in business, or must have the equivalent in terms of experience working in a retail setting. Prior experience in managing inventory numbers within a retail setting and in both supervising and training employees highly preferred. Upon being hired, applicants must earn their ServSafe certification or Food Handler’s card for the state of California to be able to legally work in a food service area.
Our Guest Mission Statement:
“To maximize our guest’s experience through promoting their connection to our location and surrounding areas. We will provide a comfortable base camp where guests can retreat to the comforts of civilization after a day of exploration. We will promote this connection to the natural surrounding through informative interaction with our guests, showcasing the area’s natural and historic features, and providing comfortable accommodations amenities and spectating points.”
Our Company Mission Statement:
“To ensure that every visitor to the resort has a positive and memorable experience by providing outstanding service and treating all visitors as guests of the Cassell Family.”