The Warehouse Assistant Manager will supervise, lead and direct the warehouse clerks, computer clerks and drivers to ensure efficient and accurate warehouse operation. In the event that the Manager is out, the Assistant Manager will take on his/her responsibilities. Will be required to work weekends and work overtime as needed.
This seasonal position does not offer dormitory housing, must live locally or have an RV. Warehouse is located in Columbia Falls, MT, right outside of Glacier National Park.
- Works closely with Warehouse Manager to establish operational priorities for the warehouse.
- Oversight of daily Warehouse operations, including:
- Timely completion of assigned paperwork and computer processes associated with the receiving and distribution of product in our retail system.
- Maintaining an awareness and organization of incoming product on the processing floor.
- Takes the lead on the receiving of deliveries which may or may not require operating forklifts, pallet jacks, carts, hand trucks, and/or moving goods by hand.
- Supervise and develop warehouse personnel utilizing Xanterra’s standards for employee documentation and HIGs.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness, security and organization throughout the warehouse.
- Responsible for the supervision of Warehouse staff and truck drivers.
- Able to plan and distribute work assignments to accomplish daily goals.
- Teach and demonstrate skills required.
- Assist warehouse clerks in maintaining a high standard of accuracy.
- Participate in and/or lead regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Assist the Warehouse Manager with returns and credits, FoodTrak management, and the ability to support other departments with their warehouse needs.
- Discuss concerns only with the Warehouse Manager or appropriate Support Staff.
- Ensure a safe work area and that all equipment is in safe working order while acting as the distribution center safety representative.
- Comply with Xanterra’s Environmental Management Systems (Ecologix) and look for ways to improve the impact your job has on the environment.
- Prepare warehouse for winter including final inventory and warm storage for all departments needing warehouse assistance.
- Assist with store openings/closings and inventories as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has a thorough understanding of, and takes a proactive learning approach to our retail point of sale system, Raymark.
- Has a thorough understanding of Warehouse operations and is able provide guidance to staff on all aspects of the operation.
- Must be able to foster cooperation among a diverse workforce. Work well with all staff members and be a positive influence.
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other co-workers, as well as other departments within Glacier National Park Lodges.
- Minimum amount of supervision needed; excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Able to safely operate forklift and other machinery and train others.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Is able to drive the warehouse trucks as needed.
- Able to stand/walk for a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Frequently lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to bend down, kneel, crawl, use ladders, carry boxes up and down stairs/ladders and climb in and out of trucks.
- Maintain warehouse hours and adhere to opening and closing procedures.
- Delegate and supervise warehouse assignments; providing direction and training when needed.
- Coach employees, as needed, within the guidelines of company policy.
Related Jobs (14)
- Shuttle Driver, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Retail Operations Manager, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Groups Booking Specialist, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Parkwide Electrician, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Housekeeping Room Attendant, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 19, 2019 Seasonal
- Retail Administrator, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 6, 2019 Seasonal
- Red Bus Tour Driver, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 1, 2019 Seasonal