1. Meet and exceed budgetary goals by:
Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner. Establish and maintain an overall positive, professional tone with BOH and FOH employees in communicating expectations and standards. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with the other members of the Food & Beverage team, with each supervisor within the BOH and FOH operations and the hourly employees. Establish and maintain an on-going communication with Food & Beverage support staff. To direct and develop your leads, and front line employees to support your goal of maximizing guest service and food quality while simultaneously maximizing corporate profits.
This position includes free room and board in company housing.
1. Meet and exceed budgetary goals by:
a. Maximizing sales.
b. Control labor cost by immediately reacting to business levels; don’t wait to the end of the week or even the end of the shift.
c. Control Food COS by minimizing waste, over-production, eliminating theft and ensuring that spec portions are consistent to information provided by management.
d. Maintain an adequate par of expendable goods to ensure that your employees have the proper tools to do their jobs.
2. Maintain and enforce established Xanterra standards of sanitation throughout the BOH and FOH operations. Ensure that weekly cleaning schedules are posted adhered to. Manage to standards of SOPs, including documentation to support those SOPs.
3. Ensure that all food handlers know and follow the food specifications for plating any menu items as well as the standardized recipes for producing the same.
4. Direct the work of all kitchen staff, including Cooks and Dishwashers.
5. Evaluate, and recommend employees for promotion or advancement.
6. Review punch detail reports in Kronos and approve payroll on a daily basis.
7. Ensure that adequate pars of inventory items are maintained, adjusted and reacted to as business levels dictate.
8. Order food through Food-Trak, approve invoices, and generate requisitions and transfers as needed.
9. Work with your Employee Dining Room crew to ensure that production records are completed, adjusted and reacted to as guest levels change. Minimize menu shortages and over production in this area.
10. Ensure that menu specifications are posted appropriately in line production areas before major arrival. Commit specifications to memory.
11. Ensure that prep sheets and line set up sheets are posted and used daily. Make sure they are filled out at the end of each shift.
12. Be on the floor 100% of the time during a meal service period to observe, monitor and follow-up in all areas of the BOH and FOH operations on a daily basis.
13. Ensure that a BOH Manager is present at each service briefing to present the Feature items for that meal period and answer any questions asked by the staff.
14. Ensure that all stations are adequately supplied with production needs to serve for any meal period. Ensure the quality as well as the quantity.
15. Accept responsibility for your BOH operations to be in complete readiness to open punctually for every meal period and serve every menu item for the length of that period.
16. Ensure that no employee goes into a job untrained. Generate HIGs in a timely manner. Provide coaching and corrective action when warranted.
17. Ensure that every employee checks out with a manager before they depart a shift.
18. Maintain and project a professional attitude regarding your operation. This involves how you dress (enforce the same dress code as for line employees); how you treat your employees, consistent, firm but fair method; how you carry yourself, both on and off duty; how you react to crises in stressful situations and how you refer to our guests.
19. React immediately to guest complaints on location and inform F&B Director or Executive Chef of your actions.
20. Be prepared to take risks when making decisions. Weigh out all factors, contact appropriate resources to make an informal decision. Evaluate the outcome and make more decisions that positively affect the operation and the Company.
21. Follow and enforce Company and departmental environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
22. Follow and enforce Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risks to self and others.
23. Follow and enforce Company and departmental policies and procedures.
24. Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of all BOH positions supervised.
- Working knowledge of all equipment used within the BOH operation.
- Working knowledge of administrative duties, production records, inventories, scheduling, purchasing and receiving.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily “action lists” that are delegated out to responsible employees with specific time lines.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and efficient manner, the expectations of your employees and hold these individuals accountable for their areas of responsibility.
- Ability to motivate, teach and direct employees to accomplish the desired goals.
- Culinary Degree or ACF Sous Chef Certification desired.
- 3 years’ experience required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 10 hours.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
Related Jobs (26)
- Wait Staff/ Housekeeper needed at remote Alaskan lodge on April 12, 2019 Freelance
- Maintenance Foreman, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on April 3, 2019 Seasonal