Ensures the highest quality standards of security service are met for guests, the company, and the National Park Service. Patrol building and grounds to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions such as fires, bear activity, theft, vandalism or any other illegal activity. Starte rate: $12/hour.
- Patrol assigned buildings and grounds to observe and identify potential safety risks.
- Work closely with National Park Service Law Enforcement and maintain a professional working relationship with them.
- Assist with ensuring employees are compliant with Xanterra rules and regulations.
- Respond to intrusion and fire alarms. Assist in implementing Emergency Action Plan (EAP) procedures within assigned location.
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide care within scope of training.
- Observe report and document any violations of policies, rules, regulations and laws governing the location and the National Park Service.
- Perform public safety, protective functions and guest service in a courteous and professional manner.
- Project a positive, guest service oriented demeanor when interacting with employees and guests/visitors.
- Perform pre-opening, monthly and weekly Safety inspections of all buildings.
- Perform monthly fire extinguisher inspections.
- Perform various duties related to ensuring a safe environment for guests and employees (e.g. shoveling snowy walkways, spreading sand on walkways).
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by your Safety Supervisor, Location Manager or Security Manager.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as standards of conduct, standards, ethics, attendance, punctuality and appearance.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Safety Supervisor, Location Manager, Security Manager.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Have basic computer skills to include a familiarity with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Have or be able to obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certification through the American Heart Association. (Training available through Xanterra Parks & Resorts)
- Must not have been convicted or pled guilty or no contest to: a felony in any jurisdiction; a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, acts of dishonesty or acts against government authority, including the use and/or possession of a controlled substance within seven years; any crime in any jurisdiction involving sale, delivery or manufacture of a controlled substance.
- Successfully pass a background check as well as a pre-employment drug test.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate maturity, a professional demeanor, good judgment, diplomacy, objectivity and sound conflict/crisis intervention and problem-solving skills for managing employee or guest complaints.
Must be able to work a variety of shifts: day, evening and overnight.
- Must be able to work continuously up to ten hours or more.
- Must be able to work a rotation schedule.
- Requires frequent standing and walking up to ten hours.
- Requires occasional climbing, sitting, stopping, bending and/or kneeling.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 25 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds infrequently (e.g. assist emergency medical personnel with loading/unloading patients into and out of an ambulance).
Related Jobs (14)
- Maintenance Associate, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 28, 2019 Seasonal