This is a seasonal position (March – October). This position is based out of the Columbia Falls, MT office and does not have company housing available.
- Accurately match all invoices with Raymark purchase orders. While maintaining an accurate filing system to insure all invoices are paid on time.
- Closely working with the accounting team to ensure payments and discrepancies are handled in a timely manner.
- Input all vendor fill orders received by the store personnel with the assistance from the retail director and retail operations manager when needed.
- Insure that all credits are tracked and input into our retail system.
- Working with the retail director to order supplies for our store operations.
- Responsible for coordinating and supporting operation functions of Gift Shop Locations. Maintain flow of communication between Support Staff, Distribution Center and park wide retail employees.
- Provide support to store management during their opening and closing phases and in season operations.
- Works closely with Warehouse Managers to establish operational priorities for the distribution center operation and accurate receiving of product.
- Maintains the integrity of all retail inventory numbers by implementing periodic audits of system counts with an emphasis on high-ticket items. Works with the Director to develop annual loss prevention plans.
- Works with the retail director and retail operations manager to manager product replenishment with the corporate buying team.
- Supervises fulfillment of mail order requests from internet and gift shop locations when needed.
- Provide input on Gift Shop Managers performance and evaluations.
- Comply with Glacier’s Environmental Management Systems (Ecologix) and look for ways to improve the impact your job has on the environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Working with the retail director on ordering supplies to meet our current demand.
- Make decisions regarding inventory balancing based on guest traffic/sales. Contact Director with inventory issues.
- Safely operate Company vehicles including passenger vans and sedans; travel park-wide under seasonal weather and traffic conditions.
- Address and resolve guest and employee issues at own discretion, in compliance with Xanterra policies and procedures.
Skills & Knowledge:
- A strong accounting background is preferred.
- Capable of fostering an atmosphere of cooperation while directing a diverse seasonal work force at all retail locations.
- Ability to visualize and build a strong team concept.
- Possess a general knowledge and understanding of retailing souvenirs, gifts, jewelry and other products suitable for sale within Glacier National Park.
- Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision; excellent attendance and punctuality; proactive approach to managing with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional approach to developing a management team capable of analyzing reports, inventories and staff development with revenue attainment and excellent guest service as the end result.
- Ability to effectively interface with guests, location management, retail employees and all other departments. Requires excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills.
- General office skills; Microsoft Office with a strong focus on excel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Maintain proper ergonomics when working at a desk/workstation during an eight-hour shift.
- Occasionally be able to stand/walk for a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Able to sit for long periods of time every day.
- Work extended hours during opening and closing of all retail operations.
- When needed lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend down or kneel to stock product frequently primarily during the seasonal opening and closing phase.
Related Jobs (22)
- Shuttle Driver, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Retail Operations Manager, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Groups Booking Specialist, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Parkwide Electrician, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Housekeeping Room Attendant, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 19, 2019 Seasonal
- Warehouse Assistant Manager, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 6, 2019 Seasonal