To give accurate, informative and entertaining tours of Glacier National Park in a historic bus while assuring to give the safest tour possible. Giving great customer service while also upholding all company policies and National Park Service and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Safe and proper operation of company equipment in all weather conditions.
- Up to 10 hours driving (15 hours total work) on various types of road conditions.
- Maintaining professionalism while working outdoors in extreme weather and during vehicle breakdowns.
- Providing courteous guest service and represent the company in a positive manner.
- Providing a knowledgeable, interpretive commentary of Park features and history.
- Leading guided walks up to a mile or longer in length.
- Keeping tours on a time schedule. Must be punctual at all times.
- Prompt and correct completion of all required reports.
- Responsible for a clean and neat appearance in the approved uniform.
- Responsible for cleaning, fueling and ensuring the vehicle is safe, before and after each shift.
- Must accurately complete all daily DOT paperwork and reports each shift and file them according to policy
- Must be knowledgeable in all DOT rules and regulations as pertain to the operation.
- Assisting, as needed, with other duties as assigned.
- Must possess ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with guests and all other co-workers.
- Strong reading and comprehension skills to research tour information, and the ability to present this information in an informative and entertaining manner.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Must be able to handle guest concerns in a professional and tactful manner.
- Must be team oriented and possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
- Having, or being able to obtain a commercial driver’s license is required.
- Must be certified in CPR/First Aid.
- Must be able to work varied shifts: days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to learn and memorize the Park’s history and points of interest.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to sit, stand, stretch, bend for up to a 15 hour day. (typically 8-10 hours)
- Must meet all DOT physical requirements and pass a DOT physical exam including a pre-employment drug screen and federally required random screens throughout the season.
- Able to work outdoors in variable weather (including rain, sleet, snow, direct sunlight, high winds, and temperatures ranging from 0 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Simultaneously steer a vehicle, shift its transmission, operate accelerator and brake pedals, and give commentary while driving in heavy traffic.
- Ability to remove canvas top of bus and help guest in and out of the bus.
- Able to walk up to a mile several times a day at elevations ranging from 3,500 feet to 6,700 feet above sea level.
Click Here to Apply Online!
Related Jobs (15)
- Shuttle Driver, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Retail Operations Manager, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Groups Booking Specialist, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Parkwide Electrician, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Housekeeping Room Attendant, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 19, 2019 Seasonal
- Warehouse Assistant Manager, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 6, 2019 Seasonal
- Retail Administrator, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 6, 2019 Seasonal