Assisting the Maintenance Manager with direct supervision and administration of all departmental employees.
This position includes free room and board in company housing.
- Provides the administrative, physical and technical skills necessary for effectively managing all maintenance & repair activities to assigned assets (facilities, structures, grounds, systems, and any components thereof) as described in the Maintenance Plan.
- Ensuring that all work is accomplished in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with applicable laws and the best use of resources. Work orders are completed as quickly and completely as possible.
- Accountable for proper and accurate documentation, of all work performed.
- Responsible for implementation, maintenance and continuous development towards a safe & healthy work environment, as per OSHA and Company policy. Responsible for location hazardous material management.
- Responsible for adhering to Xanterra’s Ecologix Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervises the location Repair and Maintenance Personnel.
- Prevents the occurrence of unsafe work.
- Promotes company sustainability initiatives by preventing any negative impacts of the environment and incorporating best management practices.
- Basic understanding and troubleshooting skills related to electrical, carpentry, plumbing and painting.
- Possess the administrative and technical knowledge and 2 years’ experience to effectively manage related responsibilities and staff. Must possess strong organization skills and be knowledgeable of applicable codes as they relate to planning and scheduling repair and maintenance activities.
- Proficient in supervising personnel in accordance with Xanterra’s policies and procedures. Ability to mentor and develop existing personnel and ensure that staff attends all training as required.
- Ability to efficiently communicate and coordinate working relationships with all Xanterra’s departments and NPS personnel through effective writing and speaking skills.
- Self-motivated, be able to work independently, with limited supervision, and must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays when required.
- Ability to read, understands, interpret and comply with all Xanterra’s company policies and procedures.
- Must be at least 19 years old and possess a current, valid, driver’s license that can pass a driving history check.
- This position may require the use of respiratory protection and will require compliance with applicable regulations. OSHA standards require a clean-shaven face and a medical screening.
- Must be capable of lifting and moving objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Must possess the physical stamina to withstand heavy labor-related work in an outside environment.
- Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, kneel, and crawl for extended periods of time as required.