To establish and provide excellent guest service, registering and greeting guests at point of check-in and throughout their stay, while processing payments and posting charges to guest accounts in accordance with Xanterra policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Register guests while receiving and posting proper payment and finalizing guest accounts at checkout.
- Assign guest rooms and cabins, issue keys ensuring guest security at all times and in accordance with Xanterra established guidelines.
- Make, confirm, assist, and cancel reservations at other locations inside the park, including promoting and selling park activities.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all park facilities, locations, room types, hours of operations, and activities, in an effort to answer questions and give out accurate and helpful information to guests.
- Answer telephones in the specified time frames following proper guidelines, and using correct greetings and telephone etiquette.
- Take, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, timely, thoroughly, and legibly.
- Document all guest problems and/or complaints using correct forms and procedures, and resolve issues to guest satisfaction at all times.
- Educate guests on GNPL environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct use of company equipment while keeping work space neat and organized.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all front office policies, procedures, and standards.
- Accurately follow cash handling procedures and secure bank at all times.
- Post charges to guest accounts for services and purchases.
- Balance all receipts and postings for work performed during shift at the end of shift.
- Offers information pertaining to available services, points of interest and entertainment attractions.
- Presents statements to departing guests and receives payment, counts money to verify amounts, records monetary transactions, and issues receipts for funds received. Issues change when necessary.
- Handles all phases of group tour arrivals to provide a smooth and orderly flow of guests. May include meeting group tour escorts, tour check-in, collecting money and fees, preparing vouchers, and rooming lists.
- Prepares folios for each guest account. Records advance deposits, credit transfers, cash payments and tour vouchers. Records dining room, bar, and gratuity charges. Keeps ledger on all cash transactions.
- Notifies Guest Service Manager of all guest complaints. May request refunds, but may not provide without manager’s approval.
- Receives and coordinates wake-up calls. May forward guest mail.
- Knowledgeable of Glacier National Park and all of its facilities and activities so that information passed to guests is informative and accurate.
- Handles lost and found items, tagging them with the date and place found, following proper procedures established by GNPL.
- Familiar with and follows emergency fire evacuation and safety procedures.
- Understands and follows all PCI Compliance guidelines.
- Reconciles all transactions in order to verify daily drop amounts.
- Assists guests with retail items and processes the sale at applicable locations only (RS and VI only).
- Operates the PBX switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing, interoffice and long distance calls. May supply information to callers and record messages.
- Continually works with housekeeping to update the status of arrivals, departures, and room status.
- Keeps alphabetical up-to-date list of all guest room numbers for ready reference.
- Adheres to all Company policies and regulations.
- Completes all other tasks as assigned by Front Office Manager. Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
- Human relation skills – must be a people-person who thrives on public contact.
- Strong communication skills.
- General computer skills.
- Knowledge of Property Management System (PMS) Opera.
- Sales skills.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow instruction accurately.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and move through them in an efficient manner.
- Ability to interact with diverse peoples and help resolve any issues.
- Ability to work quickly and thoroughly under pressure.
- Must be flexible and open to changes in procedures.
- Knowledge of common office machines, i.e., computers, typewriters, calculators, cash registers, etc. required.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Must be able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
- Must be knowledgeable of Glacier National Park’s history and points of interest.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Standing for up to eight hours per shift.
- Requires bending, stretching and reaching throughout a shift up to 8 hours.
- Working with required chemicals.
Related Jobs (14)
- Security Guard, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on March 7, 2019 Seasonal