Ensures the highest quality standards of food and beverage service are met for guests, the company, and the National Park Service. A Dining Room Manager is tasked with the operational oversight of their given location and that the operating parameters of their outlets fall within established company guidelines. Daily guest service in a teamwork oriented environment with attention to detail is expected along with frequent lifting, bending, kneeling, and a high volume of movement. Dining Room Managers must also assist in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary in line with the overall success of the outlet, location, and company.
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Develop effective schedules for the FOH Dining Room staff based on levels of business and budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for the scheduling and coordination of all side work for all dining room personnel.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in the Dining Room and Lounge, if applicable, according to established standards of sanitation.
- Maintain appearance and uniform standards.
- Be on the floor 100% of the time during a meal service period to observe, monitor and follow up on all areas of the Dining Room operation on a daily basis.
- Work with the Chef on duty in maintaining high standards of food presentation and sanitation.
- Train and develop all FOH Dining Room personnel within defined company standards.
- Provide on-going feedback to service personnel concerning all aspects of the Dining Room operation.
- Communicate daily with the Food & Beverage Manager concerning all aspects of the Dining Room operation.
- Develop and present written evaluations for all Dining Room personnel, periodically, in the How’s It Going (HIG) format.
- Maintain a training tracking system for individual FOH Dining Room personnel, recording all necessary training signoffs and workshops.
- Assist in controlling food and labor costs by consistent communication with other members of the management team and all food and beverage staff members. Provide appropriate courses of action to correct any issues.
- Motivate all staff members to maximize sales by utilizing menu knowledge and suggestive selling techniques.
- Interact with guests on an ongoing basis to ensure that service and food quality expectations are being met.
- Handle all guest service issues in an immediate and professional manner.
- Maintain constant follow-up on Company and departmental standards for food and beverage service.
- Ensure that the Dining Room is ready to open 5 minutes prior to the posted opening time and deliver a creative and applicable service briefing.
- Monitor and react to situations mentioned on comment cards/unifocus. When applicable, provide written comments on actions taken.
- Responsible for the secure handling and balancing of an assigned cash bank.
- Follow Company and departmental environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
- Follow Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
- Follow Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in Manager on Duty Program as necessary.
- Working knowledge of all positions supervised.
- Working knowledge of all equipment used within the food and beverage operation.
- Knowledgeable of all procedures and policies used within the food and beverage operation and Company.
- Ability to creatively problem solve and select appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to teach and motivate employees and management team members to accomplish goals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and follow-up with specific timelines.
- Ability to communicate in a positive, efficient manner and hold individuals accountable for their responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of computers including Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledgeable of all menus and item specifications.
- Basic knowledge of sanitation procedure for front and back of house employees.
- Knowledgeable of Micros Simphony point-of-sale system and server banking.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to motivate and foster a positive work environment.
- Certification in the TIPS alcohol awareness program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds. Frequent lifting and carrying of supplies, materials, and equipment throughout the day.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Works safely with required chemicals.
- Must be able to perform various administrative tasks on a computer for extended periods of time.
Click Here to Apply Online!
Related Jobs (18)
- Shuttle Driver, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Retail Operations Manager, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Groups Booking Specialist, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Parkwide Electrician, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Housekeeping Room Attendant, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 19, 2019 Seasonal
- Warehouse Assistant Manager, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 6, 2019 Seasonal