This job has been Expired
This position assists the restaurant Chef and/or Sous Chef in all basic food preparation, performing cooking functions or prep production.
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for prep, set-up, service, clean up, and restocking of cooks line and appropriate prep areas. Including limited warewashing.
- Adhere to all sanitation requirements including product rotation, temperature maintenance and record keeping, storage procedures, cooking requirements, and handling techniques.
- Maintain all policies and procedures as trained for food preparations.
- Ability to complete orders, by the plate or the pan, properly, according to approved menu specs and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work from prep and par lists and follow standardized recipes. Commit food specifications to memory.
- Develop and maintain positive communication and teamwork with all co-workers and supervisors.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner with the awareness that all actions and communications are within staffs view. Ensure a congenial atmosphere for all.
- Maintain appearance and uniform standards.
- Work quickly, efficiently, and safely with all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain an on-going program of staff training.
- Follow Company and departmental environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
- Follow Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
- Follow Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation and kitchen equipment skills.
- Comprehending and extending/converting recipes.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information in a short period of time.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to walk for long period of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
Click here to apply!