This job has been Expired
High volume, fast-paced and fun! Join our Lodging team in Glacier National Park!
At Glacier National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to be highly motivated, committed, and competent people who share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
About Glacier National Park:
Glacier National Park encompasses more than 16,000 square miles of largely wilderness area and is known for its seemingly endless acres of rugged and breathtaking landscapes. Glacier National Park was established in 1910 and stands today as a monument to wild natural places.
As part of the Crown of the Continent ecosystem, the park includes 175 named mountains, 762 lakes (130 named lakes), 200+ named waterfalls and 25 named glaciers, as well as 1,000 plant species, and hundreds of animal species.
Just as the landscape and wildlife are part of the heritage of Glacier National Park, so are the historic lodges and classic Red Buses and their drivers known as “Jammers.”
The Xanterra Travel Collection is the authorized Concessioner, so you are not only joining the Glacier National Park team – you are also joining the larger Xanterra Travel Collection family that prides itself on offering a world of unforgettable experiences, to our employees and our guests. We encourage our seasonal employees to transfer between properties and reap all of the benefits & perks that we have to offer. To learn more, please visit www.xanterrra.com/careers.
What You Are Looking For:
- Are you interested in working with Glacier National Park?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you looking to gain experience in tourism & hospitality operations?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, a job in Glacier is ideal for you!
Position starts May 2020 and extends through early October. Position is located at our Warehouse Building in Columbia Falls, MT, right outside of Glacier National Park. You will need to provide your own housing.
- Start Date: May, 2020
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
- Housing: Employee Housing is not Available
- Perks include:
- Free seasonal Glacier National Park pass
- Free Red Bus Tours (as available)
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- The adventure of a lifetime!!
A day in the life of the Laundry Assistant Manager
- Assists Laundry Manager in the overall daily operations of the Laundry department.
- Ensure that operational standards are met.
- Monitors progress of daily tasks and fosters a feeling of teamwork among staff.
- Train and ensure quality controls are in place for all laundry processes.
- Ensure par stocks are maintained.
- Makes sure equipment is being maintained in proper operating order.
- Process all linen orders from/to various properties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
Our Laundry Assistant Manager will have technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling and preventive maintenance. Our candidate must be able to work in a fast pace environment and demonstrate leadership skills. Ideal candidates will be a problem solver, ability to work under pressure, excellent communication skills, and proficient in Microsoft software.
- Must be able to acclimate to a hot environment of up to 90°.
- Frequent standing, walking, reaching outward and above the shoulder for up to eight hours per shift.
- Repetitive motion of arms, wrist, and hands for up to eight hours.
- Requires occasional climbing, crawling, and squatting/kneeling. Could total up to 3 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to push or pull items in caster bins weighing up to 400 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to wear earplugs on a frequent basis.
- Working safely with required chemicals.
CLICK HERE to apply!