This job has been Expired
Ensures highest quality standards of housekeeping are met for guests and per Glacier National Park Lodges (GNPL) standards. Daily guest room and public area cleaning including making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, preventative maintenance, handling guest requests, etc. with attention to detail and giving personal best in service Lifting, bending, kneeling, and excessive movement involved. Must assist in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
Employee will work between 30-40 hours/week, with 4-5 shifts/week, depending on business needs. Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Cleans rooms and bathrooms in assigned work zones performing any combination of the following tasks and duties:
- strips and remakes beds, roll-a-ways and cribs;
- cleans and sanitizes shower, bathtub, shower curtain and toilet; restocks tissue;
- replenishes towels, bathmats, wash cloths, soap, and amenity and dresser supplies;
- sweeps and mops floors;
- vacuums carpets, dusts and polishes furniture and fixtures;
- cleans windowsills and porches;
- brushes curtains, draperies and upholstered furniture;
- empties and cleans wastebaskets and relines with liners;
- empties and cleans recycle bins and follows recycling procedures;
- cleans ice buckets, coffee/tea stations, replenishes coffee/tea supplies.
- Periodic washing of walls, woodwork and windows.
- Sorting, counting, folding and carrying of linen and supplies by hand or housekeeping cart. May replace light bulbs. Replenishes in-room collateral, cups, coffee/tea supplies, stationery, etc. according to policy.
- Checks room and bathroom thoroughly for working lamps, heater, leaking faucets, broken furniture, running toilet or other missing or damaged articles or fixtures. Makes minor repairs when possible and reports all other findings immediately to Location Manager or Manager on Duty via Work Order.
- Uses commercial laundry equipment to wash and dry linen and terry. May be required to fold items by hand, or use folding equipment in GNPL Central Laundry facility. May be required to push linen and terry across parking lot to GNPL Central Laundry facility.
- Completed guest rooms will be inspected by Room Inspector, Location Manager or Manager on Duty prior to occupancy. May be required to return to guest room to fix any noted issues which do not meet housekeeping standards.
- Must complete mandatory training period after arrival. The Location Manager or Manager on Duty will perform training that will include the review of the department manual including the standards, policies, and procedures; and the understanding and training in use of approved/authorized chemicals in the daily cleaning of guest accommodations, bathrooms and public areas, pool and fitness room, in addition to the use of laundry equipment.
- Complies with Housekeeping standards, policies, and procedures learned during the training period.
- Complies with the correct use of chemicals and equipment as trained. Retain knowledge of “Right to Know” laws pertaining to housekeeping chemicals.
- Complies with specialized clean-up procedures (biohazard, Hantavirus, bed and bat bug).
- Provide guests with the best in service, courtesy and care.
- Ensure that a portion of ready-rooms are ready for inspection by 10:00 am and steadily throughout the day with a goal of 30 minutes per check out and 20 minutes per stay over. All check-out rooms must be cleaned and inspected by 4:00 pm daily. Stay-over rooms completed by 4:30 pm.
- May render personal assistance to room guests in line of duty.
- Reports any unusual guest conduct to Location Manager or Manager on Duty.
- Enforces and adheres to all company policies and regulations.
- Comply with Lost & Found and key security procedures.
- May be required to cross train in other departments.
- All other duties as assigned by Location Manager or Manager on Duty.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Will be asked to help other team members as necessary.
- Must be committed to the Housekeeping Standards learned during the training period.
- Must be organized, efficient with movement and time and have an eye for detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines for cleaning rooms to a high standard.
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures, willingness to comply with both.
- Ability to relate with guests in a courteous and friendly manner. Must be able to handle guest concerns in a professional and tactful manner.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds as needed throughout the day. Frequent lifting and carrying of supplies and linens sporadically throughout the day.
- Making beds, bending, kneeling, stretching, and reaching as needed for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Standing for long periods of time, frequent walking up and down stairs, as well as in outdoor areas sporadically throughout the day.
- Pushing a hotel or laundry cart up to 50-75 pounds as needed.
- Working safely with required chemicals, using Personal Protective Equipment as required.