Courteous and proper greeting/reception of all arriving guests. Escorts guests to their rooms. Carries luggage to guest rooms. Cleans public areas and rest rooms.
- Escorts incoming hotel guests to rooms and assists in handling luggage.
- Offers information pertaining to available services and facilities of their location hotel/lodge, points of interest and entertainment attractions.
- On opening room for guests, ensures it is in order and properly supplied and explains operation of heater, lights, etc.
- May deliver messages, extra towels, ice, rollaway beds and cribs, and run errands, etc. to guest rooms according to instructions from the front desk.
- May arrange tables and seating for special events.
- Tidies lobby throughout shift, empties ashtrays and waste receptacles throughout shift, checks public restrooms on the hour/every hour for neatness, trash, proper supplies and thorough cleanliness of hand basins and toilet areas, mirrors and floors. Cleans bell staff area and front porch.
- Cleans and maintains all public rooms (meeting/convention rooms and other public areas).
- May build and maintain fire in lobby or other public room fireplace.
- May perform guest room moves as scheduled and directed by front desk.
- Cautions disorderly persons. Reports any unusual happenings, complaints or infraction of Company policy to front desk or Property Management.
- Is an active member of the location Emergency Action Team and receives training from Company Fire Risk Manager in evacuation of hotel/lodge in the unlikely event of fire or other emergency.
- May drive luggage/shuttle van.
- May give brief tour talks to arriving group tours on location, hours of service, etc.
- Monitors guest parking areas and enforces no parking zones.
- Adheres to all Company policies and regulations.
- Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
- Organizes group tour baggage pulls in a friendly, organized, and efficient manner.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
- Must possess valid/current driver’s license and pass the Defensive Driving Class if available.
- Extensive knowledge of the Historic hotel/motor inn as well as the surrounding area.
- Job entails constant moving, walking, bending, stretching, carrying heavy objects and climbing staircases (no elevator available). Handles large amount of baggage by cart or hand.
- Must be a people person who thrives on public contact.
- Knowledge of Glacier Park, services, hiking, and attractions.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling guest luggage up to 100 lbs, and/or up to 500 lbs on wheeled carts, for up to 6 hours per shift.
- Extensive stretching, bending, kneeling, walking, climbing up and down stairs. Could total up to 10 hours per shift.
- Standing for up to 10 hours per shift.
- Working in various weather conditions.
- Working with required chemicals and equipment.
- To take necessary steps to ensure excellent guest service.
- To report and/or respond immediately to any unsafe condition.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!