This job has been Expired
Headfirst Summer Camps
The Ultimate Sports Challenge Program Leader for Headfirst Overnight Camp will work on-site at our Alexandria, Virginia location as the leader of our sports-focused programming for campers in rising 4th through 6th grades. The Ultimate Sports Challenge incorporates a wide variety of sports and athletic activities to entertain and challenge any camper participating in this Headfirst Overnight Camp afternoon elective. The Ultimate Sports Challenge Program Leader will facilitate camper growth and development through the lens of sports, infusing every activity with opportunities for teamwork and sportsmanship. Headfirst Overnight Camp is designed to be a transformative and challenging experience for campers, encouraging them to explore their own independence, and The Ultimate Sports Challenge Program Leader will be a communicative, responsible leader who allows campers to appropriately stretch their comfort zones.
What You’ll Do:
- Create an Unforgettable Experience. You are a master at making the camp atmosphere contagiously energetic and positive – and you constantly look for ways to improve the camper experience. From Ninja Warrior challenges to bumper bubble soccer, you bring a high level of enthusiasm to every day, encouraging every camper to learn life’s most important lessons through sports.
- Think Strategically. Our curriculum is what sets us apart, and you naturally look for ways to innovate and improve upon what we develop. By working closely with our headquarters team, you both anticipate issues before they arise as well as communicate appropriate solutions and improvements along the way.
- Care for All Campers. Due to the wide variety of abilities and interests captured in our Headfirst Overnight Camp, every camper has different criteria to set them up for success. From dealing with a camper’s homesickness to leading and participating in All-Camp meetings, you bring appropriate levels of supportive leadership every day, encouraging the best from every camper.
- Work as a Team. You will work directly alongside your Overnight Counselors to create the best experience possible. You will provide guidance on how to enthusiastically and safely implement curriculum, encouraging your team to develop their problem-solving skills and professionalism throughout the program.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- Completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Availability and willingness to work from late June – August, including training days.
- CPR & First Aid Certification or ability to complete CPR & First Aid Certification prior to June 1st, 2019.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be, too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and planning ahead and know that being effective in your role is tied to remembering the minor details.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
Related Jobs (16)
- Ski/Snowboard Rental Delivery Driver-Northstar Village Rentals on August 25, 2019 Seasonal