This job has been Expired
Monuments is a private residential treatment center that works with boys ages 14-17 located near Parowan, Utah. We are currently growing and are looking for hard working individuals that want to make a difference. We believe treatment needs to be a place of healing and not a place of shame. We are relationship-focused and provide individual, family, equine, and adventure-based therapy to our residents. We believe it is the staff that makes the biggest difference and we continue to seek qualified applicants to join our team and have a positive, lasting impact on youth from across the country.
The Mentor, or Direct-Care Staff, is often the person who has the greatest impact on the student’s transformation. Mentors are on the front line, supervising students throughout the day to ensure their safety while offering support, feedback, and maintaining healthy relationships with both students and staff.
The suitable applicant is someone who is responsible, can set and hold good boundaries with our students and is capable of remaining calm in what can sometimes be an emotionally intensive environment. We are looking for someone that can offer a warm therapeutic environment, serves as a positive role model, participates in activities on and off campus, and can help supervise student activities and programing. If you are only interested in sitting on your phone and not participating with the students, this is not the job for you! We are very active and need staff that will keep up.
Other Duties Included:
- 1. Responsible for the milieu management of adolescents. Supervises students primarily during non-classroom activities.
- 2. Supervises and monitors and participates in programmatic activities to ensure consistent therapeutic effect. Understand and employs level system, rules, terminology, and group dynamics.
- 3. Understands and consistently employs behavioral management techniques, applies techniques for the prevention of therapeutic holding procedures, monitoring for sharps and contraband to ensure safe, environment.
- 4. Under the supervision of a licensed independent practitioner (LIP) conducts milieu groups.
- 5. Assists and encourages students in the completion of homework assignments.
- 6. Participates in professional staffing and meetings in order to communicate the progress of individual students.
- 7. Carries out various responsibilities related to the recreational and activities of students when assigned by the Program and/or Clinical Director.
- 8. Insures unit cleanliness and positive hygiene practices through use of programmatic tools and monitors. Can operate and train others in use of unit cleaning equipment.
- 9. Actively participates and contributes in the activity and physical education program of the school.
- 10. Carries out other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the program.
- 11. Under the supervision of a physician or nurse practitioner, administers medication to residents.
- 12. Assist students in the food preparation process.
- 13. Participates in the facility-wide IOP program.
- 14. Attends to other duties as assigned and assures that proper food handling techniques are followed.
· High school or equivalent (Preferred)
· Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
· Experience with youth preferred.
· Experience in a residential setting preferred, but not required
· Must have reliable transportation
· Must be able to work, three 12 hour shift per week for full time positions
· Please only apply if you are willing to work with troubled youth. This is not a job where you can sit around and not interact with the students.
Monuments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees must pass a background check and drug screen.
Please take a look at our website to obtain more information about our program: www.monumentstc.com
**We offer Full-time, part-time, and on call positions. Please specify which position you are interested in.**
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $13.00 per hour