This job has been Expired
Headfirst Summer Camps
The Program Coordinator for Headfirst Overnight Camps will work on-site at our Alexandria, Virginia location as part of our leadership team and will be responsible for all stages of curriculum execution for our afternoon electives and all-camp curriculum as part of our Overnight programming. They will support and assist Program Leaders with curriculum preparation and implementation to provide the best experience possible for each camper. The Program Coordinator will be the ultimate resource for camper management and will coach our seasonal team on management best practices and positive behavior reinforcement. This role requires an experienced, passionate educator who is equally eager to interact with campers across all programs and ages and motivate team members to perform at their highest potential.
What You’ll Do:
- Create an Unforgettable Experience. You are a master at making the entire camp atmosphere contagiously energetic and positive – and you constantly look for ways to improve the camper experience. You will be oversee both The Ultimate Sports Challenge and Arts & Sciences Program Leaders, as well as act as the primary point of contact for our All-Camp activities and field trips.
- Think Strategically. Our curriculum is what sets us apart, and you naturally look for ways to innovate and improve upon what we develop. By working closely with our headquarters team, you both anticipate issues before they arise as well as communicate appropriate solutions and improvements along the way.
- Care for All Campers. Although you have oversight of the Program Management Team and over 150+ weekly campers in different programs, you know that each camper and age-group have different criteria which set them up for success. You will work with the program management team to develop individualized behavior plans as well as routinely check-in on campers that may need more support.
- Support your Team. You will work directly with your program management team and leadership team members, providing feedback and direction as well as mitigating any issues respectfully and effectively that may arise. As a master of organization, you are adept at ensuring each program has what it needs to succeed.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities, as needed.
- You have:
- Graduated from an accredited undergraduate institution.
- At least one (1) year of in-classroom experience working with students.
- Availability and willingness to work from late June – August, including training days
- CPR & First Aid Certification or ability to complete CPR & First Aid Certification prior to June 1st, 2019.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and know that being effective in your role is tied to proactive planning from the big picture to the minor details.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
Related Jobs (39)
- Summer Camp Adventure, Nature/Science & Camping Staff Wanted on February 3, 2020 Seasonal
- Resident Wilderness Field Instructor (Outdoor Education) on January 31, 2020 Seasonal