Mile High Youth Corps
This position leads Energy & Water crews comprised of 18-24 year-old Corpsmembers in the delivery of energy and water conservation services to low-income residents, community-based organizations and other MHYC clients. Responsibilities include: hiring, supervision, training and development of Water and Energy Conservation Corpsmembers and Crew Leaders; program development, implementation and reporting; coordination of service opportunities and educational activities.
Reports to: Project Manager: Energy & Water Conservation
Areas of Responsibility
Youth Development & Supervision:
- Support recruitment and manage hiring for all Energy & Water Conservation Corpsmembers
- Implement orientation and training for Corpsmembers and Crew Leaders
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the work performance of Corpsmembers
- Identify job development opportunities in the community. Connect Corpsmembers with training and job development activities. Work with Corpsmembers to develop career pathways.
- Enforce the policies and procedures outlined in the MHYC employee and Corpsmember handbooks
- Promote a solution-focused youth development environment in which Corpsmembers have the opportunity to develop new skills and experience personal growth
- Provide significant leadership development and service opportunities for Corpsmembers throughout the duration of their terms of service both within the agency and in the community (creation of CM Specialty roles, SMART goals)
- Support Corpsmembers, Crew Leaders and other E&W staff towards agency goals; consistently contributing to the team effort
- Conduct 1 on 1’s with Corpsmembers; coordinate with case management team to provide support and resources to Corpsmembers throughout their terms of service.
- Oversee the development, implementation and continuous improvement of Energy & Water Conservation programming
- Ensure meaningful program implementation that successfully meets the 6 core educational areas; in particular, on Friday programming days
- Implement program practices that reflect local and national best practices in relation to Youth Corps, youth development, green jobs, and other related fields
- Develop appropriate programmatic structures that promote Corpsmember success and meet program and agency-wide goals
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders in program activities both internally and externally
- Ensure that safe working procedures are followed
- Work closely with the Energy & Water staff to ensure fee-for-service projects are well executed leading to a high satisfaction level of clients and sponsors
- Work closely with MHYC staff and Alumni Mentors to help coordinate volunteer service days leading to a high volunteer and project sponsor satisfaction
- Maintain accurate service project records and reports as needed. Create ways to engage crew in reporting when possible.
- Support the implementation of the Leadership Council in coordination with the Program Leadership team
- Complete and submit accurate program reports in a timely manner
- Ensure consistent, timely and thorough tracking of agency related outcomes
- Ensure appropriate spending of Energy & Water Conservation program budgets
- Develop and manage programmatic evaluation tools and databases
- Ensure that Corpsmember files, AmeriCorps education award paperwork and attendance records are complete, accurate and updated in a timely manner
- Assist other staff by providing programmatic information needed for marketing materials and fundraising proposals
- Attend Energy & Water Conservation program and youth corps events and trainings as required
- Participate in internal and external meetings and committees
- Complete other duties as assigned