Grand Canyon Holiday Inn Express
Job Title: Housekeeping Manager (Salaried)
Company: Grand Canyon Management / Grand Canyon Holiday Inn Express
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises: Housekeeping staff
The small village of Tusayan, where the Holiday Inn Express and Suites is located, sits just outside the Grand Canyon National Park entrance. Employees from all over the world, live and work here. Our hotel is a family owned, Award Winning hotel and our employees feel like family. So, join our family and live and work at the Grand Canyon!
What we need from you
Ideally, you’ll have a minimum of 2 years experience in Housekeeping Supervisory role in a hotel or comparable industry, ability to demonstrate working with and engaging teams from different cultures, quality oriented with focus on details, high performance standards, able to multi-task & meet deadlines and technical proficiency in related software. Must speak fluent English and basic Spanish.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pushing/pulling approximately 200 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the hotel
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the hotel
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling departmental records, logs, or paperwork.
- Basic mathematical skills are used occasionally.
- May be required to work weekends and/or holidays.
- Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office efficiency.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, and life insurance support. We have an aggressive holiday pay and vacation pay structure as well as state regulated accumulated paid time off for medical or personal reasons. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of local discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself. Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to our team.
We have housing available for our employees that is just a few minutes walk from the hotel. Our Town of Tusayan (population 600) is only a few blocks long, so all dining and some grocery shopping are within easy walking distance. There is also a larger store inside the National Park. A free shuttle bus begins running daily (around 8am) into the Park, to and from Tusayan in March and continues until October. Hop on the shuttle to shop in the South Rim Village or to go to canyon viewpoints and trail heads – click here to find out more about us and our beautiful location.
Your day to day
Supervise and inspect the work of assigned Room Attendants, Porters, Housemen, and Laundry staff, to ensure product quality and brand standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives.
- Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of all housekeeping systems (Opera and Quore), and brand standards.
- Assign workers their duties and inspect work for conformance to prescribed standards
- Budget oversight.
- Distribution and collection of keys while maintaining an accurate key log.
- Management of all departmental staff scheduling.
- Solve employee grievances
- Liaise with Front Office for guest and hotel requirements.
- Coordinate special projects (eg. Deep cleaning, vermin control, window and carpet cleaning, room inventories)
- Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and laundry room.
- Maintain all supplies and equipment for housekeeping department.
- Document and communicate maintenance requests to maintenance department.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least two years’ experience in the housekeeping industry.
- At least two years of supervisory/management experience.
- Ideal candidates will have previous Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express hotel experience.
Please send your resume to [email protected] or apply through this website.