This job has been Expired
Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor
- Full position description and application instructions can be found at: https://delawareandlehigh.org/about/team/trail-stewardship-manager-application/
• Direct the development of the D&L Trail from Wilkes-Barre to Bristol, currently more than 10 trail projects.
• Provide project management to include planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria related to building and maintaining trail.
• Direct the preparation of resource conservation plans as required for the protection of historic and environmental resources along the D&L Trail.
• Manage and direct the financial components of the project. This includes seeking funding (including grant writing) to complete additional phases; the monitoring of all contract expenditures; the approval of all construction change orders; and assisting in the completion of financial reports, progress reports to funders and grant closeout documentation.
• Review, analyze, and resolve various funding, environmental and design issues with consultants, contractors, trail managers, regulating and funding agencies. Controversial matters may involve resource protection, political considerations, competing uses for the resource, and/or future operation and uses of the D&L Trail.
• Ensure ADA-accessibility in all trail development and actively look for opportunities to create an inclusive and welcoming trail atmosphere for all audiences.• Provide technical support for D&L Trail landowners, partners, volunteers and fellow staff.
• Monitor construction activity for compliance to specifications and permits.
• Prepare reports, correspondence, and other types of written material on a variety of issues related to Trails. Such reports may be prepared for the D&L, funding agencies, partners, public and elected officials.
• Assist with annual meeting of D&L Ownership Council and conduct a portion of annual trail site visits with landowners to identify maintenance needs and offer technical support and volunteer assistance when necessary.
• Ability to make presentations, write public articles, and promote the D&L Trail to a wide audience.
• Lead D&L Trail Project Management monthly meetings, update project management software and share notes.