This job has been Expired
Green Chimneys is seeking a Director of Programs (Clearpool location).
- The Director of Clearpool Programs administers designs and coordinates all facets of the organization’s educational program as well as manages the Hillside/Clearpool summer camp and all public programs that take place throughout the year.
- Responsibilities include recruiting, supervising and training staff, researching and writing grants, creating, implementing and overseeing all aspects of the organization’s annual objectives, and building connections with the community.
- The incumbent will design, deliver, and evaluate camp programs that meet the needs and interests of the camp’s target populations and ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner. This includes developing and monitoring the budget.
- The Director of Programs reports directly to the Deputy Executive Director, but works collaboratively with internal and external groups to ensure the enhancement of camp operations including the Director of Nursing and health services.
- This is a full time, benefit eligible position with some travel, some nights and weekends required for recruitment and programming purposes.
- Qualifications: Candidate must have a Bachelor Degree or equivalent with a strong understanding of adult and child development as well as experience with working with youth at risk or a minimum of four years of related experience (preferably school based) and/or training.
- At least two years of supervisory experience is expected as well as at least three years of administrative experience. High and low ropes course training preferred. Must be certified or become certified as a American Camp Association Professional Member.