YMCA Camp Colman
Adventure Team Program Counselors facilitate all of our low and high Challenge Course elements, as well as many group initiatives. All Program Counselors live in cabins with Cabin Counselors and campers, providing additional supervision and support when not working in their assigned program area.
- Supervises a group of campers and staff. Ensures that all staff are accounting for campers and safety at all times.
- Plans, schedules, and facilitates program activities that are developmentally appropriate and which promote camper skill and character development, e.g. unit and cabin activities and discovery clinics.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness standards. Takes special note of individual camper/staff health needs or concerns on a daily basis. Shares cleaning duties with fellow staff.
- Ensures that counselors are planning and organizing activities.
- Communicates personal or camper/staff needs to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Maintains equipment in sound and safe order.
- Attends meeting and trainings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, program and equipment inspection written documentation, and emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 19 years of age or older.
- Current state approved first aid certification.
- Current state approved CPR certification.
- One or more years of college preferred.
- Current Wilderness First Responder strongly preferred. Documented knowledge of challenge courses and current safety standards and practices.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of belaying, rappelling, knots, and rescue techniques.
- Ability to participate in activities that involve rigorous physical activity in an outdoor setting.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS IF THE POSITION REQUIRES DRIVING
- Minimum 21 years old
- Current Driver’s License with a minimum of 3 years safe driving experience and a driving record which meets or exceeds YMCA standards.
- Maximum of one minor violation.
You’ll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment with career opportunities and enjoy the benefit of a YMCA membership.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.