This job has been Expired
JCC Ranch Camp
Ranch Camp is a residential children’s camp located in Elbert Colorado.
There are multiple tiers of trips within our programs.
7th graders take the first foray in to outdoor skills and camping. They will spend 3 days 2 nights in the woods, learning how to care for themselves and their peers while camping in the woods. While mostly stationary in terms of camp, they do day hikes out and around from their base camp.
The 8th grade program at Ranch is a step up in our Tiyul, or Trip, program. We take a hop from the two day overnight in 7th grade to a 4-day 3-night backpacking trip. The staff on this trip build campers’ personal skills; bonds the group of campers together, and gives them tools they need to be self-sufficient.
TASC is the next tier of trip within our program, and is a 10 day trip with 6 days of backpacking at the beginning; followed by a few days of fun and white water rafting.
Teen Village is our peak backpacking experience, with 25 days out around Colorado and a total of 10 days of consecutive backpacking.
This position is housed with campers, with all meals included, for duration of employment.
Employees at camp can expect to receive twenty-four hours off per week with two to three days off in between sessions of camp.
Prior to completion of the hiring process, all applicants must satisfactorily fulfill requirements for employment at the –Staenberg-Loup JCC, including: background screening, three references, documentation, and compliance with CDHS law.
- Guiding campers on 4, 10 and 25 day excursions out of camp and into back country
- Model and demonstrate behavior to set example for campers
- Ensure camper safety through conscientious decision making
- Provide feedback on trip intensity and adjust to fit camper needs
- Create cohesive group environment where campers are challenged to defy their limits through challenge by choice
- Create fun environment for intra and interpersonal growth
- Drive 15 passenger Turtle Top Bus
- Assist with issuing and return of gear to ensure gear is in good repair
- Presence at all-camp activities
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Experience leading backpacking trips
- Personal experience in back country
- WFR required, provided if necessary
- Group facilitation/educational background
- Ability to use SatPhone and Spot Device
- Natural leader instilling confidence in others
- Knowledge of camping equipment
- Mental requirements include, but are not limited to, the ability to concentrate, take initiative, cope with stress, adapt to and stay alert in a business environment
- In order to perform the essential duties of the job, the incumbent must be able to speak, hear, see and walk
- Must have the ability to work long hours, in a hectic environment with extreme temperatures, often under stress
Must be over 21 years of age to drive agency vehicles, in accordance with current insurance policies
- Professional guiding experience or commensurate certifications
- Previous camp experience a plus
- Experience as educator a plus
Job Type: Seasonal
Salary: $250.00 to $400.00 /week
Related Jobs (18)
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Outdoor Education on September 12, 2019 Year Round
- Outdoor Enthusiast Social Media Content Specialist (Remote) on September 10, 2019 Year Round
- Ski/Snowboard Rental Delivery Driver-Northstar Village Rentals on August 25, 2019 Seasonal