Help to fulfill the summer of a lifetime!
Do you want to gain incredible experiences while challenging yourself in all kinds of ways? Being a WCC Trip Director gives you the once in a lifetime opportunity to do just that while giving youth the best summer of their lives and visiting bucket-list destinations!
What is Westcoast Connection?
We are an international student travel company dedicated to fostering incredible summer experiences to middle-school and high school age students. We offer all kinds of programs from active tours, adventure, pre-college enrichment, language immersion, and community service in many countries all around the world.
Check us out at www.westcoastconnection.com
Trip/Program Director Position
The Westcoast Connection summer leadership team is made up of unique individuals who place safety first and are skilled in creating a fun, dynamic and inclusive environment!
Trip Directors have the highest level of responsibility while their program is in progress. TDs, as we call them, are responsible for overseeing every aspect of the trip including, but not limited to, the health and safety of all participants, the enjoyment of each and every trip member and the execution of the itinerary as planned and outlined by WCC. TDs are responsible for managing a staff team with whom they coach, supervise, and provide on-going feedback to. TDs serve as a representative of WCC on the road and act as our liaison to suppliers, outfitters and vendors. TDs are also responsible for regular communication with parents, company supervisors and the summer communication center.
What kind of qualifications do we look for?
- Minimum age of 23
- Availability to attend our required training weekends (April 26 – 28 & May 31 – June 2)
- Experience working with Westcoast Connection or similar team-based experience
- Experience managing and/or coaching, mentoring and building a strong, cohesive staff team
- Ability to manage a budget and account for funds
- Experience working with teenagers
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities
- Ability to create, coordinate and implement various programs and activities
- Mature, responsible, positive, polite and true role model
- Self-starter, high energy, above and beyond work ethic
- Certified in First Aid/ CPR
Special consideration will be given to candidates who possess the following additional skills:
- Summer camp experience
- Experience in an educational
- International Travel experience
- Post-Secondary education (or in process of completing)
- Fluency in Spanish
Duration of Employment: 2-6 weeks (depending on contract), June – August
Apply online at: http://westcoastconnection.com/come-work-with-us/
Related Jobs (36)
- Coastal Education Intern / Marine Fish Tagging Intern on February 11, 2019 Internship