This job has been Expired
Maine Appalachian Trail Club
The Maine Trail Crew Field Coordinator – April 1 – Sept. 28 – $19.50/hour, will coordinate multiple trail crews working on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
Duties include making plans for the summer season, teaching trail skills to program staff and volunteers, joining the crews on the trail, making inventories of trail conditions, submitting reports, and maintaining housing facilities/equipment.
- two or more seasons working on New England trails;
- experience with outdoor leadership;
- ability to monitor progress, quality and quantity of the trail work being done by two crews in different locations;
- experience in the field with GPS – will train if necessary;
- familiar with computers, Excel spreadsheets and MS Word;
- ability to teach trail skills including building stone structures and using rigging equipment;
- ability to hike long distances in mountain terrain;
- valid driver’s license and clean driving record;
- ability to maintain safety standards, motivate and work with people of all ages and backgrounds;
- and comfortable working without direct supervision.
Interns ($200/week) will help rebuild and restore heavily impacted sections of the Appalachian Trail. Interns will utilize Griphoist® rigging equipment and hand tools to build stone steps, waterbars and retaining walls. They will camp in remote, rugged and stunning beautiful parts of the Appalachian Trail. Qualifications: desire to live and work in the outdoors; interest in building a career in the trails and conservation; ability to teach skills and support volunteer workers; good health and physical fitness; valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Volunteer Positions (one to six weeks) are also available on the Maine Trail Crew. Email for more information
Related Jobs (30)
- Summer Camp Adventure, Nature/Science & Camping Staff Wanted on February 3, 2020 Seasonal
- Resident Wilderness Field Instructor (Outdoor Education) on January 31, 2020 Seasonal