This job has been Expired
Camp Ocean Pines
- Must be able to perform the following functions unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation:
1. Serve as a leader within a teen (ages 14-17) group providing a safe, opening environment that follows Camp Ocean Pines values.
2. Serve as youth leader overnight for teens when lodging in hostels, tents or shared housing.
3. Oversee all group dynamics providing progression throughout the week to include teambuilding aspects and conflict resolution.
4. Organize and facilitate meal preparations throughout trip.
5. Create lesson plans for evening circles to debrief days during trip.
6. Assist in creating program binders for each trip with itineraries, waivers and health forms, provide feedback for future trips.
7. Drive a mini van or 8 passenger van throughout trips on highways, mountain roads or small one-lane roads. 8. Participate in adventure programming such as snorkeling, hiking and tubing.
9. Perform equipment safety inspections before each trip, help lead pre-trip safety orientation.
10. Connect with campers and families before trip, helping answer questions or concerns about the trip.
11. Provide a safe, welcoming space where all campers feel accepted.
12. Participate in camp evaluations of self, maintaining a growth mindset.
13. Provide assistance during general summer camp when not leading trips including camper transportation, program support and other camp needs.
14. Help lead camp activities that are age-appropriate, mission-driven and creative.
15. Serve as a mentor to camp youth, providing advice and coaching techniques when appropriate.
16. Facilitate conflict resolution between campers.
17. Help assist in evening camp activities where needed.
18. Be a positive role model to youth and camp staff in attitude and behavior.
19. Communicate efficiently with leadership on how to assist yourself and campers.
20. Maintain proper self-care for self; mental and physical.