Birch Trail is a traditional summer camp for girls aged 7-15 located in Minong, Wisconsin. We provide a safe, fun, and non-competitive summer camp environment for 200 campers and 100 staff. While in camp, the girls have the opportunity to do a wide variety of activities, including canoeing, sailing, swimming, tennis, water skiing, climbing, land sports, horseback riding, arts & crafts, dance, yoga, and drama.
If you want to work with children in the outdoors, gain valuable leadership experience, and share your skills with others, then a summer at Birch Trail is for you! All staff members have the opportunity to use the camp facilities and enjoy all that camp has to offer. Our staff members regularly describe their experiences working at Birch Trail as “the summer of a lifetime.”
Job Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the Directors, a Cabin Counselor’s goal is to provide a safe and healthy environment for all campers and staff; live in a cabin with and co-supervise campers; lead and assist in teaching one or more activities. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assuming responsibility for the emotional and physical well-being of campers 24 hours a day;
- Acting as a leader and positive role model for campers;
- Being professional in all job tasks by taking the job seriously, showing up on time, and being ready to work;
- Using utmost care and judgment when making decisions affecting the well-being of campers;
- Sharing with camp any special skills and talents that you possess;
- Assisting with or planning programs and activities;
- Instructing campers in one or more project areas;
- Reporting any problems or concerns to an administrative staff member;
- Corresponding with parents about their child’s growth and accomplishments;
- Living in a cabin with 8-12 campers.
Preferred Experience: Applicants should have experience and/or interest in working with children for extended periods of time. A cabin counselor should be a fun, patient, honest, caring and responsible person who wants to spend time in the outdoors with kids. We provide extensive training in counseling skills, so that the entire staff is ready to work with our campers when they arrive. All employees are expected to come to camp with current CPR certification or higher.
How to Apply: Women who are at least 18 years old are encouraged to apply. For more information about Birch Trail and to find an online application, please visit www.birchtrail.com. Applications, letters of interest, and/or resumes can be emailed to the winter office. If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com or call the winter office.