This job has been Expired
BECKET-CHIMNEY CORNERS YMCA
Program Instructors at Berkshire Outdoor Center are directly responsible for delivering our goal of facilitating groups and individuals to better increase awareness and intentionality within themselves, their group and the environment through our three curriculums – team facilitation, outdoor recreation and environmental education.
We do this in a small group setting so that one instructor has the autonomy to create an experience for the same group of participants for the duration of their stay, presenting them with appropriate challenges to help them grow.
Program Instructors receive training at the start of their position and on-going professional development mentorship. Training topics include high and low challenge course facilitation, examining the stages of group development and learning behavior management skills. There are opportunities to join our American Red Cross Lifeguard trainings free of cost.
Spring season starts April 6th and goes until June 14th with options for summer and fall work.
A successful PI will be able to:
- Support BOC’s mission by facilitating guests to increase their awareness of themselves, their peers and the environment
- Engage diverse audiences in small and large group facilitation
- Be able to follow trained procedures for emergency management
- Be flexible to the needs of the group and focus on a positive customer experience
- Have 1-2 years of experience in facilitation, recreation, environmental education or related field. Have some experience with high or low challenge courses
- Be organized, detail oriented and a team player
- Complete a range of duties to support the needs of the programs, which include event set-up/tear-down and dishroom tasks
Please complete our online APPLICATION
Visit our website to learn more- Berkshire Outdoor Center