This job has been Expired
Echo Hill Outdoor School
Teacher/Naturalist: Echo Hill Outdoor School
Located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay
Introduction: Echo Hill Outdoor School (EHOS) has successfully provided over forty-five years of residential and recreational learning experiences. Programs are designed to introduce and acclimate participants to the outdoors and foster respect for and awareness of themselves, each other and their environment. Course areas include: Watershed Ecology of the Chesapeake Bay and its surrounding ecosystems, group and individual development on our low and high element challenge course, and exploration of history and the human environment in the Chesapeake Bay region. The program is flexible and committed to custom designing programs so as to meet the needs of a wide range of students/ participants, typically 3rd through 9th grade, from both public and private schools, as well as college students and adults of all ages.
- Responsibilities: At EHOS you would teach a variety of classes from all of our curriculum areas. You would also supervise and counsel all aspects of participant residential life during their stay at the school including overnights in platform tents or dormitories, table-heading at family style meals, and supervision during recreational time and other activities.
- Qualifications: EHOS is seeking motivated, energetic individuals with creativity, commitment and a passion for the outdoors. Experience working with and relating to children and people of all ages is extremely beneficial. A background in Education, Recreation, Environmental or Outdoor Education, Challenge Course facilitation, Psychology, Natural Sciences, Marine Biology, Liberal Arts or related fields is desired.
- Compensation: Starting salary for Teacher/Naturalist is $250-$270 per week. Individuals with demonstrated current certification in Wilderness First Responder, Wilderness First Aid, American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, or Valid State Teacher Certification will be considered at a slightly higher starting range.
- EHOS owned housing and board are a condition of this residential teaching position.
- Ten-twelve month contracts may be available for interested, committed individuals depending upon future openings, specialized positions available, and satisfactory job performance. A staff excess sickness and accident medical plan is available.
- Deadline: Applications are welcome year round. Primary starting dates are in March and late August.
To Apply: If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding experience please send cover letter, resume, two written reference letters and three telephone reference contacts to:
Betsy Zelter McCown
Echo Hill Outdoor School
13655 Bloomingneck Road
Worton Maryland 21678