YMCA Camp Mason
- This is a hands-on field position that directly involves teaching and leading groups of youngsters in outdoor, environmental and recreational activities at camp.
- Comfort in the outdoors is a must, you must be familiar with outdoor recreation and/or natural sciences, and capable of supervising and directing children entrusted in your care.
- Per diems must have demonstrable knowledge and/or expertise, sufficient to teach young children in some key curriculum subjects including but not limited to: ASE, belay techniques, rock climbing/rappelling, canoeing, boating, life guarding, water ecology, pioneering skills, forest ecology, colonial history/culture, crafts, peer counseling, orienteering and map skills, archery, riflery, group games, teambuilding, hiking or backpacking, wilderness survival, basic plant and animal identification and sciences.
- If skills and certification are not already possessed, they should be willing to take training in the team challenge/ASE program, interpretive nature hikes, belay, and curriculum information specific to the most common classes at YMCA Camp Mason.
- No violent crime related criminal convictions or charges pending and no chemical or drug dependencies.
- Clean drivers license a plus as are current life guarding, or any national instructor certifications.
Salary is $110 for a full day, which typically extends from 8:30am until 5:30pm. Half day afternoon is $60, which typically extends from 1pm until 5:30pm. Half day morning is $55, which typically extends from 9:30am until 12:30pm.
To apply submit cover letter and resume to Sara Davis, Outdoor Center Director at [email protected]
Related Jobs (45)
- PROFESSIONAL KITE BOARD, TENNIS, YOGA COACH REQUIRED – DREAM JOB! on February 26, 2020 Year Round
- BOLD & GOLD Wilderness Instructor (Backpacking and or Canoe!) on February 24, 2020 Seasonal