This job has been Expired
Colorado Lions Camp
Colorado Lions Camp
Position Title: Summer Camp Counselor
Responsible to: Camp Director, Sr. Lead Counselor
- Age 18 or above
- Current First Aid Certification (provided during staff training week if needed)
- Current CPR Certification (provided during staff training week if needed)
- Camping experience preferred
- Lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- A genuine interest in working with children and adults with special needs.
- Must be enthusiastic, have high moral character and a team player
- Independent, mature and have the ability to supervise and take care of others
- Must be able to work at altitudes of at least 8500 feet
- Provide a positive atmosphere for campers and staff, by demonstrating enthusiasm, excitement, and energy during camp activities.
- Have the ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner, while still having a great time with campers and staff.
- Direct responsibility for 4-5 assigned campers per session. Ratio will vary depending upon the needs and abilities of the camper.
- Possess the ability to appropriately manage camper behaviors/situations in a positive manner.
- Supervise campers’ activities in the dormitories during assigned cabin duty times (rest time and after evening programs).
- Daily responsibility of caring and assisting campers with activities of daily living (ADL’S) as needed: including prompting, dressing, bathing, toileting, meal times and supervision throughout the day.
- Assist in camper check-in/check-out procedures which include welcoming parents/caregivers and campers, marking camper clothing, packing and unpacking luggage, making sure camper is organized/settled into dorm area.
- Explain and enforce all camp rules to campers.
- Assist program staff with facilitation of camp events and programs.
- Daily maintenance of facilities: sweeping and mopping living quarters, disinfecting restroom areas, and organizing camper’s belongings.
- Successfully complete mandatory staff and volunteer training prior to the start of summer camp sessions.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- All other duties assigned by leadership staff.
- The ability to HAVE FUN!
Related Jobs (35)
- BOLD & GOLD Wilderness Instructor (Backpacking and or Canoe!) on February 24, 2020 Seasonal