This job has been Expired
Adventures Through Kayaking
Full time position leading professional and safe educational experiences via sea kayak, mountain bike and stand up paddleboard, in and near beautiful Olympic National Park.
Sharing knowledge of the Olympic Peninsula’s natural environment including marine and forest ecology, natural history and cultural significance. Dates of position are mid May through mid September 2019.
- Applicants must have an interest in sharing positive outdoor experiences with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Attention to risk management and professionalism at all times are essential skills along with the desire to learn and share skills about the Olympic Peninsula’s natural environment.
- Applicants must have minimum 1-2 years experience guiding and/or instructing in a kayaking environment or equivalent.
- A clean driving record,
- current WFR or CPR/First Aid and
- clean background check is required.
Applicants will need to safely drive and back up passenger vehicles with trailers, lift 50 lbs., and enjoy working in an outdoor environment where all staff work cohesively in supporting each other’s success.
If applying for mountain bike leader, basic bike maintenance and on trail repairs are required.
You will want to be physically fit and have the skill set for connecting with people of various backgrounds.