This job has been Expired
BECKET-CHIMNEY CORNERS YMCA
BECKET CHIMNEY CORNERS YMCA
With over a century of dedication to character development, Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA creates life-changing experiences for children, adults and families. Located on 1,350 beautiful acres in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts, Camp Becket for boys and Chimney Corners Camp for girls are resident camps with rich traditions and commitment to character development while the Travel & Service Programs offer a unique life experience to teens.
Operating on both resident camp facilities, the Berkshire Outdoor Center offers a wide-range of year-round programs for individuals, families and groups.
BERKSHIRE OUTDOOR CENTER
Berkshire Outdoor Center serves 19,000 guests per year through several seasonal programs. We aspire to evoke interpersonal and intrapersonal change – within individuals and groups. By focusing on the experience, we can develop social and emotional intelligence, a collaborative group culture, self confidence, leadership skills and a respect for the environment.
Program Instructors at Berkshire Outdoor Center are directly responsible for delivering our goal of facilitating groups and individuals to better increase awareness and intentionality within themselves, their group and the environment through our three curriculums – team facilitation, outdoor recreation and environmental education.
We do this in a small group setting so that one instructor has the autonomy to create an experience for the same group of participants for the duration of their stay, presenting them with appropriate challenges to help them grow.
Program Instructors receive training at the start of their position and on-going professional development mentorship. Training topics include high and low challenge course facilitation, examining the stages of group development and learning behavior management skills. There are opportunities to join our American Red Cross Lifeguard trainings free of cost.
Fall Program Instructors get to live and work in beautiful New England fall. The team will make a positive impact for up to 7000 guests between August and October.
A successful PI will be able to:
- Support BOC’s mission by facilitating guests to increase their awareness of themselves, their peers and the environment
- Engage diverse audiences in small and large group facilitation
- Be able to follow trained procedures for emergency management
- Be flexible to the needs of the group and focus on a positive customer experience
- Have 1-2 years of experience in facilitation, recreation, environmental education or related field. Have some experience with high or low challenge courses
- Be organized, detail oriented and a team player
- Complete a range of duties to support the needs of the programs, which include event set-up/tear-down and dishroom tasks
Related Jobs (12)
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Outdoor Education on September 12, 2019 Year Round
- Outdoor Enthusiast Social Media Content Specialist (Remote) on September 10, 2019 Year Round
- Ski/Snowboard Rental Delivery Driver-Northstar Village Rentals on August 25, 2019 Seasonal