This job has been Expired
Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor
- Full position description and application instructions are available here: https://delawareandlehigh.org/about/team/program-coordinator-application/
- POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Director of Trails & Conservation on the D&L Trail Town projects, especially in Carbon and Luzerne counties, to increase the number of trail visitors stopping in the communities, promote trail-friendly businesses, and grow the economic impact that comes with fully connected D&L Trail.
• Oversee the D&L aspects of expansion and programming for Get Your Tail on the Trail partnership with St. Luke’s University Health Network, organize the challenges and events, make presentations to new groups, and manage and update www.tailonthetrail.org website and Tail on the Trail Facebook page.
1. Administer program funding from application through closeout reporting.
2. Focus on promoting to and partnering with diverse groups and expanding programming into Carbon County through D&L Chapter and Luzerne County through Northeast PA Chapter.
3. Track metrics and intended deliverables.
4. Maintain consistent communications with registrants through social media and participate in related calls, meeting and events with organizers.
• Lead surveys and programming for the Activate the Advocates program, a new initiative to convert trail users into trail and water quality advocates. This position will implement the methodology and motivate trail users to advance along the ladder of engagement. This will include:
1. Working with partners and consultants to help plan messaging, visuals, and activities.
2. Leading events and outreach along the D&L Trail.
3. Collecting data to evaluate program.
4. Working with Director of Trails & Conservation to create reports, presentations, and websites.
• Conduct a portion of trail maintenance assessments and assist with annual meeting of D&L Ownership Council.
• Plan and promote all Trail Tender events working with D&L landowners to support their needs regarding maintaining and beautifying the D&L Trail. Be able to lead events and direct volunteers in the field how to safely complete projects.
• Increase Trail Tender capacity by supporting local chapters, recruiting new volunteers, promoting accomplishments, and maintaining a D&L inventory of tools/supplies.
- • Actively look for opportunities to engage new and diverse audiences and adjust programs to be more inclusive.
• Staff exhibits at partner events to promote D&L programs and recruit volunteers.
• Update public information on D&L-managed websites (delawareandlehigh.org, tailonthetrail.org) and social media outlets for Get Your Tail on the Trail.
• Assist with staff responsibilities for the D&L Half Marathon (first Sunday in November), advancement/donor events, and trail specific events throughout the year (bike ride fundraiser, ribbon cuttings, festivals, etc.).